General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bee Sting...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:10 PM
vheflin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bee Sting...

Went out today for a ride just after noon and about thirty minutes into my ride I get this terrible stinging pain just below my left armpit. Hurt to the point where I had to pull over to check it out. Seems I got stung after a bee made its way up the sleeve of my t-shirt. Been riding for about eighteen months now without any problems and apparently I may need to rethink my riding attire. Most of the time of ride with the windshield but today since the weather was extremely nice I decided not to. I rode to a local pharmacy to get some afterbite and had the lady who rang me up put some afterbite on the sting and when I raised my shirt all she could say was "Damn that thing got you good." The whole thing was kind of funny afterwards but nonetheless hurt like he!!. I've read stories on here about bats, birds and other types of wildlife but none of bees. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bee Sting...

Acouple times.
1st. Had a wasp somehow catch my t-shirt collar and then crawl down my back inside my shirt stinging the whole way down. Just pulled over and pulled the shirt out of my pants and start flapping the shirt it to get the thing out. Luckily it didn't make it down in my pants. [sm=yikesomg.gif]

2nd was just this summer, a bee or something hit my mirror and exploded and somehow the stinger went right into the underside of my arm. Had to pull over and pull it out of my arm.
Good thing I'm not allergic to bees.
It's all part of riding, June bugs feel good too, lots of protein.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, I've been stung a few times. [sm=noooo.gif]

The important thing is to make sure you don't freak out and crash.

Little bastards! [:@]

Old 07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Armpits hurt. One got me earlier this year. Birds hurt even worse (female cardinal to be exact with
bird **** too).Not experienced a bat.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member

i been stung a few times.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
blackend
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, right below my right eye! I thought someone thru a cigarette out there window intel I stoped at the next light and looked in the mirror! damn stinger was still there

Old 07-14-2007, 09:14 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Many many times,,,,I don't even break stride anymore,,,,,just make sure the little ba$tard is dead,,,then I pinch the wound hard several times,,,hurting all gone before the next mile is down.....The wasp is my favorite,,,,he usually get me 2 or 3 times,,, before he gets his.....

Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 PM
mjh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, several times hear as well.
in the forhead right between the eyes.
in the left cheek right at the edge of helmet - bee hit and didn't sting until I rubbed the spot and pushed the stinger in
up the right sleeve of my jacket on the way to a Dodger dbl header with my son on the back. Didn't stop, just grabbed my sleeve with left hand and smashed it. Sting hurt all thru the games.
like was said before-just deal with it and don't crash.

mjh

Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caught a junebug square in the forehead once runnin 65. Bout knocked my dumbazz right off the bike.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:01 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm, it's a bee. Man up! LOL Many a bee sting over the years. Had a huge bug hit me in the face last year. Didn't hurt, but man was it messy. If you have seen 'Wild Hogs', then you can imagine. It covered the entire left side of my face and neck. I turned back to let my wife see it, and I could feel her giggling for the next 300mi home. She still laughs about it. It was all yellow guts, so it must have been a bug, but, I bet it would have been one of the biggest bugs I had ever seen, if I wasn't wearing it. LOL

Quick Reply: Bee Sting...