General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt drive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:18 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts
Default RE: Belt drive?

The 07 on belts have a servicable life up to 100K miles. They are 30% stronger than the 06 and back which had a max serviceable like of 80K miles.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Old_Timer
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all! LOL, no hot ******* anymore. Just looking to ride.
but if I can ask one more question. Suppose I should start a new thread diffrent subjectbut....

To tell you the truth, I really like the 883L !!!! With mini-apes, itwould lookalmost like an old school bobber!!! BUTthere to damm quite!!!! I see now the '08sportsters are fuel injection no longer carbs.How can you changes pipes now with it being FI????With carbs hell you can tune by sound, but now?????I here about chips!I don't have that kind of no- how. I'm not talking about drag pipes, but something that cars will at least here me before hitting me![8D]
What are some of the things you can do now-a-days . Is there aftermarketexhaust that I can install to give a little more sound with out having to do anything to the fuel injection??

Honestly, there a metricCruiser dealer up the street that has a '00 Road star.. 98ci !1602cc..custom handlebars, custompipes, lowered, 5.3 gl tank. For 6,499.00 I can't lie and say I'm not tempted !!!! But first choise is a Harley,even the 883 If I can work out the exhaust thing.

Thanks again for your help!!

John

Old 02-15-2008, 05:06 PM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Old_Timer

Thanks all! LOL, no hot ******* anymore. Just looking to ride.
but if I can ask one more question. Suppose I should start a new thread diffrent subjectbut....

To tell you the truth, I really like the 883L !!!! With mini-apes, itwould lookalmost like an old school bobber!!! BUTthere to damm quite!!!! I see now the '08sportsters are fuel injection no longer carbs.How can you changes pipes now with it being FI????With carbs hell you can tune by sound, but now?????I here about chips!I don't have that kind of no- how. I'm not talking about drag pipes, but something that cars will at least here me before hitting me![8D]
What are some of the things you can do now-a-days . Is there aftermarketexhaust that I can install to give a little more sound with out having to do anything to the fuel injection??

Honestly, there a metricCruiser dealer up the street that has a '00 Road star.. 98ci !1602cc..custom handlebars, custompipes, lowered, 5.3 gl tank. For 6,499.00 I can't lie and say I'm not tempted !!!! But first choise is a Harley,even the 883 If I can work out the exhaust thing.

Thanks again for your help!!

John
Exhaust is easy. There are a plethora of FI compatible exhaust for that bike. You can have any sound you want from mild/mello to loud/raw. Until you add other do-das (like an air intake/filter) you may not have to worry about the fuel. If you do, some of the fuel tuners are as easy as looking up you combo in a chart (or calling manf) and plugging in the numbers that they recommend.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
carguyj
4th Gear

I just noticed several rocks imbedded in my drive belt with only 57k on it. I'll try to get 70-80k out of it.
Wish I could get more out of tires.
Think I can get one more ride??

Old 06-27-2008, 06:21 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: carguyj

I just noticed several rocks imbedded in my drive belt with only 57k on it. I'll try to get 70-80k out of it.
Wish I could get more out of tires.
Think I can get one more ride??
Now I now what death looks like. [:@]&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 07:02 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like you are way past "one more ride" with that tire.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

I just replaced the belt on my 99 Heritage at 95K. I did it just because I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;was going on a trip and didn't want to take a chance on it breaking at a bad time. Once the belt was off and inspected, it was in great shape, it really didn't show any wear or cracking at all. I think it would have lasted quite a few more miles if I had left it on. I love belt drive
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp \\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\ \\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Will

Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

All Harleys are Not belt drive [8D]
ORIGINAL: barjbar

All Harleys are belt drive and very reliable. &nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Nitram_b4
Advanced

WELL i HAVE HAD MY FRONT WHEEL OFF THE GROUND AND DONE SOME MAJOR SMOKERS&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; MY BIKE HAS 31K ON IT AND THE BELT IS AS GOOD AS NEW

&lt\\;embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i144.photobucket.com/player.s...tleburnout.flv"&gt\\;