General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
rguilbert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !

OK, so I go out and change the oil, it is at 8100 miles, change the oil filter, spray the area around the oil filter with brake cleaner to clean it out, add the oil.&nbsp\\; Check the spark plugs, dirty, black soot around them so I think I will pick up some new one tomorrow, put the plugs back in and now the bike will not start!&nbsp\\; Pull the plugs out and clean them, check the gap, reinstall them and still nothing.&nbsp\\; It cranks fine but acts like it has no spark or fuel?&nbsp\\; Help!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: HELP !

Harleys plug wires can be pretty tricky. Make sure you pushed them on until you feel the snap. I know it sounds simple but you never know. Check you kill switch too.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:20 PM
rguilbert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so I go out and twist the spark plug wires and double check that they are tight ike Terry suggested adn they do not snap into place or anything, but IT STARTS!&nbsp\\; I run it down the road and come back and shut it down, and then start it up agina and it it does start, but not like it should.&nbsp\\; I will be getting some new plugs for it tomorrow for sure.&nbsp\\; But WTF....I feel like a horse's a**.&nbsp\\;
Thanks Terry.............?????????

Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

ORIGINAL: rguilbert

OK, so I go out and twist the spark plug wires and double check that they are tight ike Terry suggested adn they do not snap into place or anything, but IT STARTS!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I run it down the road and come back and shut it down, and then start it up agina and it it does start, but not like it should.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I will be getting some new plugs for it tomorrow for sure.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But WTF....I feel like a horse's a**.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Thanks Terry.............?????????
&nbsp\\;
Sounds like a couple a plug wires need to be on your shopping list.
&nbsp\\;
MikeM
&nbsp\\;