General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CrossBones Deal in Work

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:26 AM
KCBLACKSHEEP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CrossBones Deal in Work

Hey All,
wanna run my deal by ya'll that I have with dealer as of right now
Been Offered Blue Satin 2009 XBones (with Security installed from factory)for 18,000 EVEN Out The Door
with 10% off any clothing (riding Gear ) helmet etc
This is my 1st Harley and did homework on price Dealer buys for etc just want to know from the experinced buyers what they think?
Also another Dealer said they would give me the same thing after I told them what i was offered

Thx KC

Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, MSRP for that bike with color and security is $17,689.00. The freight is $330.00. So I guess it depends on how much you are saving on sales tax and any setup fee cause that would be all that is left to add to the MSRP. I don't know your sales tax rate or if you even have one on a bike, but the deal doesn't sound like anything special really, esp in this ecomony. As to the 10% off other stuff at time of bike purchase every dealer I have ever bought a bike from does that. One even did 20%. That is of course a savings on extras but it is really more of a "sales gimmick" for them for than it is for you because they know you are excited and may spend more then than you normally would.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:15 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line- if you're happy with it, be happy with it and be happy riding your XBones!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
fairplay
Road Master

remember, this is a toy. Don't get so wraped up in getting a deal that you forget that it is supposed to be fun. Most places will go msrp out the door, that includes tax title doc set up freight. 20% off at time of purchase is pretty much a standard. One thing I have learned is that it never hurts to ask.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fixedmlc
Bottom line- if you're happy with it, be happy with it and be happy riding your XBones!
What he said.

But if you ask about 20% off on stuff you buy right now, the worst they can say is "No". I'd even try 25% and see if they'll come down to 20%. Again, worst thing that could happen is they'd say, "No".

It would make sense that if you are going to buy stuff at 10% off, you might buy more stuff at 20% off and they'd make a little more money even with the higher discount.

Let's see....$400 set of pipes - cost $360 to you but you might balk and not buy. But just maybe at 20% off, you're talking $320(or $300 @ 25% off ) and you might decide "Okay". That extra money you saved on the pipes, you might spend on something else(again, saving 20% of that) for the bike to get it like you want it.

You're happy, have bike like you want(for now - it never ends) and happy with dealer treatment. And might be more inclined to come back & buy stuff at regular retail prices because they did treat you right at purchase time. A win-win situation for both.

Dealer I bought last 2 bikes from gives 15% for first 30 days. I tried to get it extended to 6 months because wasn't too sure about what all I wanted to do with bike at first and they said they couldn't do that.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

You are getting some real good advice. Like fairplay says, it can't hurt to ask. Just a simple line- "Is that the best you can do?" You might be surprised at the answer.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Jontall
Cruiser

I'd shop some more.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 PM
fairplay
Road Master

When I signed the papers and put the money down it was for low trade value and msrp. It's a no brainer that I should have done my homework first but I was excited and didn't. As time went by waiting for the bike to be built I started shopping around. After the deal was done on my SG I went back to sales mgr and asked what else he could do to keep me. The sales mgr did not have to honor my requests but he did. I still kinda wonder why.

Just got $1200 below msrp (even on a limited run color), 1/2 off freight and setup, 20% off whatever I wanted and even ate the labor on a cam/pipe/intake install!!! plus they gave top $$ on trade.
(note: I do have to cover dyno time b/c they are a small shop and sub out dyno)

The entire time I was calm and respectful. I didn't feel anything was owed to me and appreciated everything I got. I have no reason to go anywhere else. The added bonus is that they are less than 2 miles from the house. ...and I was always taught you never get deals close to home.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 AM
pigpipes
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or, you could buy a softail that's a few years old for $12k or so, spend a few thousand getting it to what you want, pocket a few thousand now, pocket a few thousand more in the first 1-2 year's depreciation, pocket the additional interest if you're financing it and have a bike that doesn't look like every other Crossbones out there.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Enjoy your new bike!Don't worry yourself sick over you mighta saved a thousand here or there,always a better deal after you have done yours,save a little on other stuff.

Quick Reply: CrossBones Deal in Work