General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAC Grips vs. Kuryakyn ISO Grips

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 23,631 Likes on 5,229 Posts
Default SAC Grips vs. Kuryakyn ISO Grips

I've been running the Kuryakyn ISO grips for a few years and am fine with them from a comfort standpoint, but it's time to change the look a little.

I've been looking at the leather SAC grips, which look very nice in pictures. Some have commented that they're a little on the fat side, but so are the ISOs and they seem comfortable even though I don't have very big hands.

Has anyone used both? Can you compare the size and comfort of the ISOs and the SACs?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a hand that is a size medium when buying gloves. I prefer the larger grips like the ISO and SAC grips, and those OEM grips Harley had back in the 80's. The new grips Harley uses, to me, are too small. You don't need to dig your fingernails into your palm in order to have a good secure grip. For me, at least, larger grips help prevent me from putting a death grip on them, while still allowing secure control.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Get the SAC grips, you won't be disappointed.
Make sure you spend the extra money and get the throttle lock version.
Everybody and their dog has the ISO's.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had both and didn't like them. The sacks were to fat but looked good and the iso's weren't that comfortable plus I didn't like the looks. Went back to billet chrome with no inserts. I wear gloves anyway and the ones with the rubber inserts kept coming apart. JMO

Old 09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SAC look good and feel good. They do not get hot or cold and help with vibration. They are fatter and it is a problem if you wear heavy gloves in the winter or have small hands. I have a set on now that is a year old. I noticed that the chrome is starting to fail. I ordered them colored to match my 09 UC. The blue coloring has faded and I am about to die them all black. I have had other grips with black rubber inserts and they turn my hands black. SAC is the best that I have found so far but still looking for something better.