General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered Howards air horns!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:10 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Might want to check into the new stock horns for the '14s and '15s. They are super loud. Finally Harley improved on an issue so many of us have had to turn to aftermarket products in order to provide a bit more safety while on the road with today's idiot drivers.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:05 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by phillyrube
Had a set of these I bought at Harbor Freight mounted on my ST1300. Cruising down the slab one morning, I approach a Suburban weaving in the traffic lane. Ok, cellphone or drunk. It's 0800....I ease up on the left, window down on the side, some blonde with a cellphone clamped on her left shoulder, ciggy in her mouth, and both hands fiddling around with the papers in her sun visor. So I blast the horn, she jumps, and the phone flips out the window.

Select zone 5, extend, and fight another day!

Put a set on my Road Glide, and a set on my Pacific Coast!!
Have them on my Heritage Classic here in Arabia and people swirl off the road after I blow my Freight Train horn...Saved at least three times my life, I guess.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:11 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought the Harley airhorn back in 2010 when I bought my new StreetGlide. Over a period of two years I had them replaced 3 times under warranty. The last time I went in with them again I was told they were no longer available. I was given a refund of the full purchase price so I wont complain. I guess Harley finally decided they were junk. Dont know who made them for Harley. I liked them when they worked. I am thinking I might try the "new and improved" horn from Harley. They claim they are louder than previous stock horns. Most of the trumpet style horns I have seen just dont mount cleanly. Still searching.....