General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

re map

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
hog44mag
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re map

I just picked up some Sceaming Eagle slipons to replace my way to choked stock mufflers I was going to try them without a remap until I do a intake up grade, $400 bucks here for a remap so I will be doing alot o learnin over the next while and will be doin my own mapping, but for now I getting mix of opinions.????
This sure takes a lot more than my last ride (39 Knuck) what the hey when you step up almost 70 years in technoledgy I guess there might be a few things to learn.
07 Dyna Superglide
Any ideas

Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't waste your funds on the dealer remap. Get a power commander or other tuner and have it mapped for your setup.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running into the same learning curve.Coming from a shovel to the new bikes is like night and day.Check out TTS master tune or Fuel Moto.Fuel moto is a sponsor to this forum And I have heard very good things about them.I could be wrong but you can run the slip ons without remaping.Changing jets was a lot easier wasn't it?

Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
hog44mag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
I'm running into the same learning curve.Coming from a shovel to the new bikes is like night and day.Check out TTS master tune or Fuel Moto.Fuel moto is a sponsor to this forum And I have heard very good things about them.I could be wrong but you can run the slip ons without remaping.Changing jets was a lot easier wasn't it?
Yeah sure was but as dr v twin said above get a power comander so now I need to do many more searches and digging but I;m already woring on this new ride hey I've had it three days the other one 30 years

Old 02-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer

I wouldn't do anything until you add your breather. Then I would go to FuelMoto and flash a PCV to match your specs. Then when time and money is available, have it dyno'd.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 AM
exiledcarper
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Whta about HD's own Supertuner? The dealership is trying hard to sell me on that one, plus AC and Dyno, of course! Altogether a whopping $1100 FFS! They are trying to tell me that the Power Commanders are prone to failure and will screw up the ECM at the same time. Any truth in this, or what I heard elsewhere that the Thundermax is more robust than the PC3?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 AM
PUBA ONE
Tourer
Thumbs up Pc3

Originally Posted by exiledcarper
Whta about HD's own Supertuner? The dealership is trying hard to sell me on that one, plus AC and Dyno, of course! Altogether a whopping $1100 FFS! They are trying to tell me that the Power Commanders are prone to failure and will screw up the ECM at the same time. Any truth in this, or what I heard elsewhere that the Thundermax is more robust than the PC3?
I've been running the Dyno-Jet PC3 for two years now, had it dyno'd, no problems at all, works perfect!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$400 for a remap? Should be like $150.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
exiledcarper
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I alraedy had the Stage 1 download, free of charge as the salesman said it was alraedy done. Bike runs a bit better, but still pops a lot on decel. Will adding a hi flow AC make it even leaner, or would it be safe, for now, to go ahead with the Stage 1, Hi- Flow and my Big Radius dauls until I decide on the re-map choice

Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 AM
hog44mag
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
$400 for a remap? Should be like $150.
Ha I live in B.C. Canada (b.ring c.ash) this is where we pay $5 a gal for gas!
Thats why I,m doing some research and going to do it myself,,, well with the help of HD Forums members thanks all

Quick Reply: re map