General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another near hit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another near hit

Well,

Like the guy said.....what's a near miss......a miss is a miss........anyway, you've heard all those stories and been in those situations where you see something bad go down and think "man, I'm glad I wasn't on my bike", well this morning I decided to ride my bike to work and sure enough,

As I was turning left under the freeway overpass to cross the bridge spanning the lower lever street, some crazy @#$#%#$ $itch--ON HER CELL PHONE--instead of crossing the bridge and turning left at the other end in her direction of traffic, turned the corner too soon on our end of the bridge into oncoming traffic----ME------our side was three lanes wide and I was in the far left lane that she thought was two-way traffic going the opposite direction for her so now she's turning the corner going the wrong way down a one-way street under the bridge overpass.

I was just about to make the left turn when she popped up right in front of me because there was no visibility for me to see her coming at me until she was right there and I just swerved to the right and got all over the brakes amidst all the tire screeching and honking, and she went aroung the left side of me facing the rest of the cars behind me.......I started to just reach over and smack her driver's window but just said Holy $hit and went on to work. She looked like she had already peeed in her pants.

It was just one of those times that doesn't hardly ever happen when I said "man, I'm glad I was on my bike" otherwise she would have nailed me head on in my truck and I would stll be doing the accident report/insurance company b.s. She would have gotten the chance to get initmate with my full replacement Ranch Hand bumper though because I have been hit head-on before and that's why it's there........but that's another story.

Be safe out there,
Draggin S

The most dangerous thing about riding a motorcycle is---A woman on a cell phone!

Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Another near hit

Happy it worked out for you. It's always nice to win now and then!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
fatboy4ever
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are okay, but I need to correct you that the most dangerous thing on the road is a woman on a cell phone doing her "make-up" while she is driving.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope the dumbass learns. Glad you're safe

Old 09-29-2006, 05:05 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, glad your ok

Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, 'near miss' doesn't make any sense. It wasn't a 'near' miss, it WAS a miss. What it was, was a near HIT! Glad you are o.k!