General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sounds like fun....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:36 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Sounds like fun....

http://www.fastdates.com/BIKESHOW.2EventSchedule.HTM

No Club Colors
Strictly enforced by the Long Beach Police. Leave them at your Bike or under your Arm.

Loud Exhaust Warning Note
You can expect to be ticketed in you ride with an illegal exhaust anywhere in California, particularly when residents complain to police. Any modification to make an exhaust system louder than stock is illegal. Motorcycles with loud pipes should keep off Long Beach residential streets and Ocean Boulevard PCH Hwy 1 to avoid the local police ticketing loud pipes.
If you arrive direct on the I-710 Freeway to the Queen Mary Main Parking lot, you WILL NOT risk being ticketed.

I don't live in Cali but Dammm talk about discrimination , first off any modification to bike exhaust louder than stock is not illegal, second whats next leave your black leather jackets at your bike or under your arm? We recently had a event here where they allowed law abiding or law enforcement club colors but no others...what the hell does that mean if your in law enforcement club you can do and go where you want. The other clubs showed up with there lawyers and were let in..........

Attached Thumbnails Sounds like fun....-picturebike8copy.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:58 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Note to myself.... Stay the puck out of "Kalifronia"....

Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Exceptions may be made for known law abiding sportbike and touring clubs at the descretion of the LBPD at the front Entrance Gate. But still expect to be asked to leave your club jackets at your bikes."

I'd show up with the CoC and and a gaggle of lawyers... You let one club in, you better let them all in. I'm sick and tired of being discriminated against because of what's on my back and who I associate with.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the promoter has plainly stated what will be required of people that choose to attend this event. stay home if you don't agree with them...you are not being discriminated against. the general public is getting tired of loud pipes on motorcycles--mainly because of clowns that do not have enough common sense not to constantly make as much noise as possible.
when you go to sturgis, the bars do not allow colors to be worn. club colors and crowds have lead to many problems in the past...the promoter is trying to make it a safe and fun event for the majority of the people.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Their sandbox, their rules....abide or stay home...

I guess they just limited the amount of money that could be brought in..

Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you guys read? The fine print indicates it is the POLICE who will DISCRIMINATE... NOT the event holder... They cannot allow x club yet deny y club. DUH

Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member

Yep, read just fine. Police are being asked to control that aspect by the promoter. Not uncommon. Once again, their party, their rules. It does suck that they "may" let some wear, but I would imagine those type clubs will leave their colors on their bikes; because they aren't looking for confrontation, just a good time. Okay, that was a jab, but jeez people, put your head in the ice box and relax.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

a lot of states have the no exhaust louder than stock noise law, actually makes it harder to enforce, some bikes come stock with louder pipes. if its a deciblew only law kinda hard to argue that.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess they can run it anyway they want, but then they'd probably ban pointed ears and cell phones at a Star Trek convention or toilet paper at a bathroom remodeling show.....

Old 06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motorbones
I guess they can run it anyway they want, but then they'd probably ban pointed ears and cell phones at a Star Trek convention or toilet paper at a bathroom remodeling show.....
I still think they will be missing out on a large amount of income $$$$$$ by restricting such things...and we all know that cash makes the world go 'round!

Quick Reply: Sounds like fun....