General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Motorcycle Show?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 AM
machm1969
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Motorcycle Show?

I'm thinking about going to the Chicago Motorcycle show in a couple of weeks. I've never been there and was wondering if it's worth the 4 hour drive? I'd like to see some nice custom bikes and possibly buy a few items from vendors.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I live in the Chicago area and have been there the last 3-4 years, and am wondering if it's worthwhile for me to go again this year. That may say something about the event.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 PM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

I live nearby where it's held. I go every year and the bikes are cool, I'd make a night of it. Go Saturday stay at hotel across the street and go again Sunday morning. GOod restaurants around there nice area. Worth the drive once, But probably not more than that. Pm me you need any more help.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i never understood why they held this when its too damn cold to ride TO the show.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

I attend the Chicago show every year. Last year there were some custom bikes but not many. Mostly stock bikes. Lots of aftermarket parts and accessory companies attend the show. Many offer discounted show pricing. If you decide to go, buy tickets online. They're discounted and you won't have to wait in line.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,398 Likes on 1,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Dukes
i never understood why they held this when its too damn cold to ride TO the show.
I agree with you 100% They should do the southern states in the winter and the northern states in the late spring / early summer .

I went to the Zoo York show and did not like it . Not enough good bike venders.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 526 Likes on 364 Posts

You guys are lucky. Having been to both the San Mateo and Chicago motorcycle show. The Chicago show is a lot better. Yes we get demo rides but it doesn't compare to the amount of vendors that show up in chicago.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

The Chicago show is worth going too if you never been to it. Its something to do in the winter. The show doesn't change much from year to year. Easy to get burnt out on it if you go every year.
For myself I make a list of things I need and buy then decide if its worth going to.

I have a problem when parking your car cost as much as admission to the show. Kind of pisses me off to get nailed by the Village of Rosemount 14 bucks to park, when the Village is already collecting a exhibit fee and sales tax for every ticket sold.
What most people don't know is the Village hides several fees in the admission price of the show. Its not so much the money, its the principal of the matter for me. The Village makes close to 6 dollars for each person that walks through the door. Then they have the nerve to charge you for parking!
Used to do security for them, learned many lessons.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Although you can park by the l and take the shuttle.
Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
The Chicago show is worth going too if you never been to it. Its something to do in the winter. The show doesn't change much from year to year. Easy to get burnt out on it if you go every year.
For myself I make a list of things I need and buy then decide if its worth going to.

I have a problem when parking your car cost as much as admission to the show. Kind of pisses me off to get nailed by the Village of Rosemount 14 bucks to park, when the Village is already collecting a exhibit fee and sales tax for every ticket sold.
What most people don't know is the Village hides several fees in the admission price of the show. Its not so much the money, its the principal of the matter for me. The Village makes close to 6 dollars for each person that walks through the door. Then they have the nerve to charge you for parking!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,398 Likes on 1,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken

Just to goto the NY show you pay 5 bucks for road tolls 15 bucks for the tunnel and 40 to 50 to park then pay to get in the door.

Quick Reply: Chicago Motorcycle Show?