General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercoms

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM
LudemJo
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intercoms

My wife and I ride two-up often, and we both wear full face helmets. Obviously, it is difficult...near impossible...to communicate while we are riding. So, we are thinking about getting a intercom system installed on the '13 Electra Glide.

My riding buddy says to just buy half helmets and the problem is solved, but I don't want to give up the protection the full face helmet offers.

Anybody use an intercom? My wife really wants the system to be PTT so that when she is back there singing, I can't hear her. It would be cool if the music could be routed through it as well, but that is not a requirement. I am going to ping the dealer this week and see what kind of money they are talking. I'm sure it will be pricey...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

John

Old 04-08-2014, 06:45 AM
JOHNNYFLHR
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 610 Likes on 367 Posts

I talk to my wife enough when were at home together, I don't need her talking my ear off when were riding. She bought one for me one christmas and I hid it. Luck has it that she forgot about it.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:19 AM
bissjim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 2013 Electra Glide and you don't already have the intercom system on the bike? Am I missing some thing?

Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bissjim
A 2013 Electra Glide and you don't already have the intercom system on the bike? Am I missing some thing?
Was thinking the same - It should have came with one headset, unless purchased used *shrug*

Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bissjim

I believe that unless it's an Ultra, the Standard does not come equipped with a system-

Old 04-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Larry Davis
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick-
I believe that unless it's an Ultra, the Standard does not come equipped with a system-

Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 AM
LudemJo
Cruiser

It is a Classic, purchased used with 1650 miles on the clock. I wish it had come with it, but no such luck.

I feel for you JohnnyFLHR...my wife will not talk my ear off while riding...and we enjoy eachother's company.

John

Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

It will be cheaper to get two Bluetooth communicators than install the HD system. Those should work great for you and have the benefit of not being wired to the bike.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 AM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
It will be cheaper to get two Bluetooth communicators than install the HD system. Those should work great for you and have the benefit of not being wired to the bike.
Some friends I ride with did just that on their's and they say they could not be happier.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Biker Oma
Road Master

We have an '09 ultra, ff helmets, he installed headsets into the helmets, and we plug our jacks into the bike. We each have controls so we listen to music (or not) yet can talk back and forth, the voice mic cuts into the music.

Quick Reply: Intercoms