General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

security system

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

i need HELP please...

..i hope i am on the right place for obtaining information.....i have
a 07 cop glide FLHRP....it has the security fob thing......the other day it would not start...i fiddled with the ignition switch....(turned it on and off only).....and the bike started and ran great.......today....i tried...and
...NO CIGAR....wtf?....

...does anybody know how to remove this stuff and does it effect other systems....i looked in the h.d. book...it is called TSM/HFSM whatever that is.....does anybody know about this?????

..many thanx in advance...

....i have a security system on 07 FLHRP.........just wont start...i have the fob with me....?????

................wtf

....i have a security system on 07 FLHRP.........just wont start...i have the fob with me....?????

................wtf

Last edited by Shovelhead Bob; 12-21-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Multiple postings, same issue
Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 1,726 Posts

What do you mean it would not start? Are you saying that you hit the starter button and nothing.....not even a click? It may be your ignition switch and not the security. I had an issue with my ignition where I would hit the starter and there was nothing, not even a click. I found that if I wiggled the ignition switch it would start right up. The contacts could be dirty or just a faulty ignition switch. Another issue you may have is it could be the starter. Do a search on here for starter problems under my name and you should find where I posted a service bulletin for 07 models having starter problems due to improper torque on the bolts that ultimately ground the system.