General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Vibranator install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Vibranator install

I just installed some Vibranators in the handlebar ends of my Dyna. Anyone else installed these? I was able to get them snug but not so tight they won't turn, curious if anyone else had that problem.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Trex
Road Master

If anyone is interested I called Don at Vibronators and after discussing what was going on discovered I had stainless steel bars, I guess all 03 and up Dynas do and the id of the bars is larger so he is sending the correct parts no problem. He is a nice guy.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
lowflyby
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is a real nice guy I spoke with him for a while today and I should get my set for my 98 FXSTS on Weds. I'm off but I'm going to work to pick them up, I'm pretty excited about getting them. I replace the rocker cover gaskets and found the top engine mount was loose, big time. So I got the Loctite out and snug the **** out of it. With my smaller rear pulley, ISO grips, rubber mounted Dog-Bone risers, I'm only turning 2600 rpms at 65 mph, pretty smooth for an Evo. Now with the Vibranator, any more reduction will be a huge benefit. The way it is now I can drive at 70 mph pretty much for a few hours no problem at all, maybe longer. I havn't tried it yet any longer.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
RicorSHX
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowflyby
He is a real nice guy I spoke with him for a while today and I should get my set for my 98 FXSTS on Weds.
Everyone at Vibranator reads this stuff. I have an image to protect. This kind of talk isn't helping

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Trex
Road Master

Originally Posted by RicorSHX
Everyone at Vibranator reads this stuff. I have an image to protect. This kind of talk isn't helping
Got my correct size rubbers for my Vibrantors and it was an easy install, I'm happy, and just talked to Don again and what a p-----,,NO just kidding Don, nice guy,sorry it causeing problems on the job.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Trex
Road Master

Here's my evaluation of the Vibranators. I won't email the guys at Vibranators because I know they read this. I took it out for about 50miles. My bike was always pretty smooth but had a rough spot at 50mph in 5th gear and that really smoothed out, every where else was less noticable but was smoother. Also noticed that on overun or off the throttle like when going off throttle for a curve, it was smoother. I'm happy with it and think it is worth the money.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I own and ride a 1999 XL883 Sportster and I ride most of my miles on the highway at about around 80 – 90 MPH or so and we all know how bad a Sportster can vibrate at high speed and high RPM. At around about 80 MPH or so, my engine is turning around about 4,000 RPM or so. I currently have just about 52,000 miles on it now. When I found out about the Vibranator product I did a little research on other similar products and I came to the conclusion that this product was the way to go. Logically, it just made sense to me. It could be removed and reused on another motorcycle if I wanted to and the science aspect seemed to hold up too! The real test was in its use. I rode 6,000 miles in 9 days and crossed the continent from CA to VA and back again in June of 2009 and I went another 4,000 miles from CA to Sturgis, SD in August of that same year. I can say that I was impressed enough with this product that I ordered another pair of Vibratanors to put on a friends bike. Very easy to install! I have read here on the HDFourms that you can add weights to the handlebars and fill the handlebars with stuff and use the competition’s product, but after using the Vibranators myself, I won’t even try another product and I certainly won’t suggest anyone else do either. It really does what it says it will do. It will reduce the intensity of the vibrations created by the power pulse from the engine through the frame and to the handlebars. It was from the good results of using the Vibranators that I bought another one of their products. I bought a pair of the Intimidators to put into the front forks of my 1999 XL883 Sportster. Now, again, there are other products that can be purchased that are in competition with what the Intimidators can do to improve the front forks ability to perform, but I had good results with the Vibranators so I bought a pair of the Intimidators. I liked the Intimidators so much that I bought another pair of Intimidators for another one of my Sportstes. I have also purchased a pair of their rear shocks that have just come out and I should be receiving the new rear shocks in a few days from now. I can’t wait! I will post up a review as soon as I can ride them around for a while. Good luck and ride safe out there!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was wondering if anyone had these on their Dyna's. Glad to read it's working out for ya. I'm going to order a pair of these for my 07 Low Rider. Tired of my thumb and fingers going numb after longer rides. Sounds like these are just the ticket.
Thanks

Old 05-17-2010, 08:57 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The real test would seem to be the rear view mirrors. Anyone notice clearer images in the mirrors?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jlovs2ride.......
I've done several Google searches and read quite afew other discussions about this item. Many say it's the first time they don't see "ghosting" in their mirrors and can actually see out of them at highway/interstate speeds. My mirrors shook so bad, they were useless 70mph. I got the Touring model QR windshield that was a little wider and than REALLY made a difference. I still get shaking, but not nearly as bad. I think with this gizmo, it might just make them as close to vibration free as the bike will ever get.

Quick Reply: Vibranator install