Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

sidehacks

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:58 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by atmanzhas
Hello every1. Am new member & will need time to figure out your system to attach photos of my 1940 UL (which I've been told is a US?), 1941 WL (think originally WLA?) & 1942 WLA in OD military colors. I've been riding solo for decades & getting ready to find a sidehack for my 1940 UL (US?) which has the correct frame mounts & reverse gear on shifter.
After all this dribble, I'm having hard time just finding, on the internet, the range of years & models that would fit to the UL.
Thanks every1 for your patience & time!
Iko
PST...Am not master of universe with electrons, so sorry misthreaded my forum guys.
Welcome to the forums from British Columbia.

So - you're after a sidecar? Are you looking for a Harley-Davidson one, or are you just looking for a sidecar? I know there are many manufacturers out there. We considered Liberty, Trans-Moto, and winded up with DMC. I've found the DMC product to be high quality, and put together well. Their website is http://www.dmcsidecars.com/
That said, they're the only sidecar I've had any experience with. We bought the Tomahawk SE, which I believe is more Indian styling, but made sure to put a HD Fender on it. Liberty has a more HD looking sidecar, but whatever. Trans-Moto didn't have great reviews...

Colour is pretty easy to match, unless you're looking for a patina / rusty match. You can get a lot of options with all these manufacturers too. My suggestion is if money -is- an object, decide on a budget plus over runs, and shop form there. Are you installing it, or are you getting it installed? I rode down to DMC and stayed in a Hotel overnight and they installed it the next day.

Lastly - Have you ridden a sidecar before? Just they ride a little different. Left turns are pretty easy and straightforward, right turns require leaning a bit. Also the steering can be a little more cumbersome, which is why many consider a rake to alleviate the strong-arm. Also many use a steering dampener, but I haven't felt the need on my current setup. We are looking to rake the front though.

There is more, but for now, that's probably enough. From the sounds of it you have some pretty sweet rides. I'd love a WLC in full WW2 colouring, but I don't have that kinda money sitting around. [WLC was the Canadian version - same as far as I know. My Grandfather rode one in WW2]

Once again, Welcome to the Forum

H