Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Opinions needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Opinions needed.

Just a thought I had the other day while watching the Speed channel. They were painting the bed of a pickup with some bedliner paint, I can’t remember the make of the paint, but the idea hit me. Why not paint the entire hack in the bed liner paint which I do believe even had Kevlar mixed into the paint. As I see it, very little to no up keep, touch up would be a breeze. It would deaden the sound, add a little extra weight, and most everything would just bounce off. Not interested in any color other than black, and I have seen a few bikes painted with this similar product. Just wanted thoughts and ideas of what the rest of you all think, and I will even take the smart a%% remarks, as I have had a few already.

thanks
turtleman

Old 11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I know several wing guys have do this to the running boards with good results.
May the weight be too much? I don't know but it may be.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

As far as the weight issue with running the hack I usually always have some ballast in the rig when empty, I don't know just how much extra weight the paint would add.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shouldn't take more than a gallon of the liner. I've got a gallon at home I can weigh if you're that worried about it. It can't be more than 10 lbs tho.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Most of the bed liner stuff these days looks pretty decent, protection would be good.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

As for the weight issue not really worried if it doesn't add any more than 10-20 pounds as that won't be a problem at all. Guess I have talked myself into my next project. Is there one brand that is better than the rest, I see that some have kevlar added to the mix. So the search is on for the one to use on the hack, this is going to be interesting to say the least..........thanks to all for the input.........this forum is the best...

Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't get the thin paint on stuff. Get the kind with the rubber pieces in it. Make sure to wear something you can throw away in case you get the coating on you. Rubber gloves - like surgical gloves - are your best friend!

Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

Yea I heard a great story of a guy who in the middle of painting his bed liner in his truck, answered the call of the wild and needless to say it takes a while for it to wear off.........lol. And the one with the rubber pieces is the way to go...........

Old 12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Dragon Rider
Cruiser

I've got LineX in my pickup. Just like Timex, take a lickin and still keeps tickin. Very tuff stuff. Will never have another pickup without it. I think its spray on.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Rmohd2
Novice

I have reflex in my truck bed, its is rubberie, and tuff, most liners are hard and tuff, this one is spongie, not the best if you are wanting to slide stuff in and out, but great for keepping things from sliding around like a rubber mat will do.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed.