HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

The Mascot is here

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
That map is just a general overview of where the route will go. The riders will not receive their directions until they reach each checkpoint and the route is run on all secondary roads. The actual route will probably in actuality not be very close to the one depicted at all. It will go in the general directions of overview map but that's about it.
I kind of figured as much, wasn't sure about what roads and saw that the maps weren't available yet. Didn't know it was all secondary roads, that'll make for some good riding!

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Howdy, I have a couple of loose ends to take care of and a prior commitment to take care of in March. I am trying to get my bike in for service, it is overdue and as soon as that is taken care we should be able to narrow it down more. If you know of anybody in the western part of the state that would like to get involved in this, maybe we could arrange a meet someplace in the Columbia Gorge and maybe it could travel a little while over there before it makes its way back across the country. As always, I welcome any and all ideas, thanks.
Definitely interested in helping move this or riding with the group!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Originally Posted by BiggestDawg
I would love to see the Mascot again. I have fond memories of dragging it out of California a few years ago. Let me know what you come up with I'm up for a ride and will be happy to carry it again.
Howdy, I have a couple of loose ends to take care of and a prior commitment to take care of in March. I am trying to get my bike in for service, it is overdue and as soon as that is taken care we should be able to narrow it down more. If you know of anybody in the western part of the state that would like to get involved in this, maybe we could arrange a meet someplace in the Columbia Gorge and maybe it could travel a little while over there before it makes its way back across the country. As always, I welcome any and all ideas, thanks.

March is the earliest I would be able to do it. I am an all weather rider so it's not so much the weather as it is other things going on in the next few weeks. Where abouts in the gorge are you thinking? I have friends in The Dalles and it's not that far from me but where in Eastern Oregon are you? I will be glad to pound the boards, I don't think Terry will beat me up to bad for it , to rally up some of the folks in the Vancouver/Portland area and see who is up for a ride like that but it may not be many with the cooler temps and the rain. All I know for sure is to not let it set in one place to long. Lets see how many folks from eastern WA and OR would be up for a meet a greet some where. I think you mentioned Tri-Cities I will go that far maybe make an over nighter out of it and head back to the Vancouver metro are the next day. There are a bunch of forum members around here we had a great time a few years ago with it. Lets do what we can to get as many members to a common meet point to be able to have a face to face they are rather fun to put faces and names together.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

...There are a bunch of forum members around here we had a great time a few years ago with it. Lets do what we can to get as many members to a common meet point to be able to have a face to face they are rather fun to put faces and names together...
To enable forum members to locate it, I opened a map in Google:

2011 HDF Mascot Map

Members who want to participate please let me know your location and I'll add it to this map. In this way you'll have a tool to coordinate passin on events...

Everytime it moves, please let me know its new location in this thread

Mascot Map

or by PM and I'll process the data into the map.

Have fun!

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 02-23-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:03 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

I think you mentioned Tri-Cities I will go that far maybe make an over nighter out of it and head back to the Vancouver metro are the next day.
Tri-Cities.........be a little too far for me normally but I could make an exception for this.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Tri-Cities.........be a little too far for me normally but I could make an exception for this.
You are the Tri-Cities!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll join the mascott transfer if it comes up towards seatte. Just got above 32* today and I cant ride like I used to, but maybe I will be able to do that.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
You are the Tri-Cities!!!
Actually I'm about 8 miles out of town, makes for a along day!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by jackstrr
I'll join the mascott transfer if it comes up towards seatte. Just got above 32* today and I cant ride like I used to, but maybe I will be able to do that.
I've added Whidbey Island WA, Battle Ground WA, Kennewick WA and Prescot AZ to the 2011 HDF Mascot Map.

I hope this will help you guys to plan/coordinate the Mascot transfer....

Old 02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Perhaps we can get it to go from Tri-Cities up to Seattle then I can pick it up there and start it south. I go to Tacoma once a month so we can try and get things arranged that way. Or I can go out to Tri-Cities and get it then bring it up to Tacoma with me on my next visit after getting it and then start it south. I'm open to ideas here so let me know.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:12 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be willing to Pick Up in Seattle and head North or just meet with people. It's gonna have to be above 42* if I'm gonna ride that far. My freezing my *** off days are over.

Quick Reply: The Mascot is here