Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fault code 2015 deluxe

Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fault code 2015 deluxe

Had Stage 1 done by dealer, using SEPRT.
They used plug in elims for the air box and exhaust valve as I went with a full exhaust system and air filter.
Noticed the engine light flash and checked the code.
Getting the exhaust valve position code come up. Cleared it a couple of times, but just starting up and idling is enough to ping it again.

I went with this dealer as they assured me they would do it all properly.

Any ideas as to a fix, and possible stupid answers the dealer might fob me off with when I call them tomorrow?

Old 08-03-2015, 01:29 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Unplug them and plug them back in. If that dont work, bring it back to the dealer and have them do it right....and complain a little to see if you can get some compensation for your time....lol

Old 08-03-2015, 11:12 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Should be worth a free T-shirt!

Old 08-08-2015, 12:04 AM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

So what happened? Any updates ?

Old 08-08-2015, 04:36 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baloot-boy
So what happened? Any updates ?
yep;
unplugged and replugged the elim. cleared the codes, and fired it up, for a few seconds, then rechecked the diag and the codes were back.

went off to the dealer today. they reflashed the ecu to standard, disconnected the eliminator for the exhaust valve and reflashed it again to stage1 and all was fine, so they snipped the resistor out of the eliminator and used it just to tidy the end of the wires up.
I rechecked the diag before I left and found the bcd and abs codes had been triggered, so it went back into the workshop for another 2 hours whilst they figured out what was up with that.
All seems okay now, but, they didn't smart tune it like they said they would when I booked the stage1 tune and asked for the quiet baffles, and I still think its running a tad rich. They make all these promises of a perfect running bike after a stage 1 or whatever, to get your trade, and then they don't follow through with what they promise, saying , oh well it takes 2 hours for a smart tune, and the tech test rode it and he says it's fine so we're not gonna smart tune it because we haven't got time.
No but you had the time to take the £1500 off me didn't you??

To be fare they did spend a lot of time on it today, and its running okay, and cool, and it does pull better than standard.

It's going on the dyno next month and will be tuned properly, but for now it's okay

Old 08-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Mr F Knuckles
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Fat Bob,

Hi guys
New the forum and HD. I've an intermittent fault happening on my bike. I left home and drove to the fuel station 10 miles, fuelled up. Started it to leave and it wouldn't idle cut out about 5 times, V-neer or something flashed up in the window in the dash, , sat for about 15 minutes and it started and idled no problem. Driving the bike to go for a run and the idle speed was about 1450rpm, dangerous at junctions as the bike was wanting to go, had to ride the clutch and brakes to get it through the junctions. It did it before and i took it to the dealer, but like today the bike returned to normal running after a few miles, and they found nothing wrong. Its a 2014 Fat Bob 103 engine, stage one, V&H short shots, all dealer fitted when i bought it new. Any help to point dealership in the right direction wold be great, thanks in advance. Knuckles.