Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyna Died/Won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Died/Won't start!

1999 Dyna Lowrider - Carb, 24000 miles all stock.

Was out at a restaurant last night and went to leave. Bike cranked wouldn't start. Tried few more times, thought maybe I flooded it. Bike finally fired and I took off for home. It ran just fine. Came to a Stop sign and when I stopped, bike died and would not restart. Had to park it at a tavern parking lot. Got it home this morning and started diagnosing it. Check the speedo codes 1 through 10 show clear but I get a "CAL 09" after you click the last clear code. Called Harley they have NO idea what that means. I check all connections and they look good. Battery is dead now, got it on a trickle charge. I cranked it over a lot to diagnose so I think the battery is good. Will do a load test when charged. I am getting Fuel, getting Spark, although I am getting a soft yellow spark. It could be a bad spark from low battery will check again when battery is fully charged. Plugs look good. I did an exstensive search on the boards before posting. Came up with some ideas, but not sure. All the lights come up and the indicators are working, though it might be a TSSM issue. Iginition or coil issue? Don't know! Bike cranks over just fine, just won't fire. Could a weak spark be issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks Fellas..............stumped in Alger!