Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thunder Max Ecm

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Cravin
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Max Ecm

Today I installed the Zippers ThunderMax ECM and had very good results. The original ECM was downloaded by the dealer, and I think it was a 1550 code. I always had the decel popping and backfires and they couldnt seem to get rid of them. I was trying to decide between the PCIII, the SERT and the ThunderMax. I looked at the SERT but for $20 bucks less I get the tuning software and a ECM. I figure if I have any problems with the bike(It's still under warranty)within 10 minutes it has the original ECM back on. I took the bike for a ride and right away the bike idled smoother, accelerated smoother and had no decel popping and backfiring. I'm running the SE air cleaner and Rinehart true duels with the quiet baffles. I went with the ThunderMax due to Zippers having the maps for the parts I was installing. next week the bike is getting the 1550 stage two with the 203 cams and hopefully the CVO injectors. I will see how the bike runs with their download and then install the ThunderMax with the proper download.

2006 Fire Red Pearl FLHT
S.E Air cleaner
Rinehart True Duels with quiet baffles
ThunderMax ECM
Sirius Satellite,Sony deck with Hogtunes