Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT, what will it do for me??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 AM
Angry_Monkey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT, what will it do for me??

Alright, I want to know what a SERT will do for me. I feel like I'm missing the boat here. I got an '06 FXDBI with SEII and a stage 1. Somebody please clue me in.. Am I gaining HP?

Old 03-15-2006, 03:21 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: SERT, what will it do for me??

Read This: https://www.hdforums.com/m_181817/tm.htm

Old 03-15-2006, 10:50 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will get the most out of your performance mods by using some type of programmer and getting the bike dyno tuned.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Firefox
Cruiser

2006 bikes right out of the box run lean to meet EPA codes and if you allready have that equipment on its really running lean. So you eather have to have a SERT or some other device added to adjust that lean factor out. For me the SERT was a no brainer I can add anything to it now and adjust the SERT myself after the initial installation on a dyno. And if your dealer says they don't need a dyno to install it WALK OUT OF THERE FAST And find a better dealer. The first dealer I talked to about it I knew they didn't have a dyno and he said they do it by ear. WRONG if you want your setup correct get it dynoed and you'll never look back. All the other means (PCIII and others) don't equal the SERT. Thats my opinion.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

Senario: I have SE A/C, SE slipons, & doenload. I plan on getting pipes, most likely the Bassani Pro Streets in black. Now, do I wait to get the SERT? I assume I do. But you mentioned adjusting it yourself after the initial dyno and install. How? Won't you have to dyno it again? Or do you do it by "ear" like the other dealer you mentioned. I almost got the PC3 done while I was in Daytona but held out because I know I'm going to get pipes to replace my slipons. This SERT stuff is driving me nuts. Thanks ahead for the info.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Firefox
Cruiser

Dynoing would be the idel way but if you have a laptop you can hook up and adjust it your self. My dealer that installed the SERT said the Computer mockup is actually more acurate in someways than a dyno because it will simulate wieght and drag where most dyno's don't. So in other words once you have the SERT installed and dynoed and you have acsess to a laptop computer you can change anything you want. P.S. ask the dealer to download on disc the Maping he designed while dynoing that way if something you try doesn't work you can always go back to his setup. Hope this helps. I love it More versatility.