General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sert versus the Tuner...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM
screemnjay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sert versus the Tuner...

I'm wondering why even though most don't plan on any modifications above and beyond pipes and a/c, it seems the choice is S.E.R.T. over S.E.R.F.. I thought the whole point of the fueler was for this scenario.

Does anybody have any experienced based feedback on the two products?

For the record, I'm not willing to deal with the PCIII starting idiosyncracies.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sert versus the Tuner...

Why not save yer money on the sert and doing dyno's and get a Thundermax with A/T, If you do a upgrade to yer bike do another download from Thunderheart or zippers and let the bike retune itself.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

save money?? wouldnt that sys be like $900.??

Old 03-05-2007, 07:22 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Well a Sert is like 460.00, the dyno time is 300.00 and up. And everytime you make a change to yer bike its dyno time again.
The thundermax with auto tune at www.cyclespot.com is 729.00, add the numbers up and see where you would come out best. I bought a sert. now I'm changing again. they want more dyno time for my 07 bike. I'm tired of dyno time evertime I do something.

P.S, the sert is married to the bike, the Thundermax can be taken off and put on another bike.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cardboard

Well a Sert is like 460.00, the dyno time is 300.00 and up. And everytime you make a change to yer bike its dyno time again.
The thundermax with auto tune at www.cyclespot.com is 729.00, add the numbers up and see where you would come out best. I bought a sert. now I'm changing again. they want more dyno time for my 07 bike. I'm tired of dyno time evertime I do something.

P.S, the sert is married to the bike, the Thundermax can be taken off and put on another bike.
I just bought the SERT $367.00 + $14.00 shipping and no sales tax from Chicago HD Dyno $200-$250. I also plan on going 110CI in a few years.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

If you get a real good dyno man the sert is great, but everytime you make a change you need to redyno yer bike cause it can't adjust to the conditions. With the TM A/T it can adjust as much as 50%. CAn the sert do that ?

Old 03-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When people buy a download from a Harley dealer for $150 bucks, that's all they get one download no adjustment. When you buy the SERT you get all the downloads for whatever you do to your bike. You only need to dyno tune if your running lean or rich, or if your trying to squeeze every little bit of power out of your bike.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

But when they dyno yer bike they build a custom program for the way yer bike is operating at all rpm ranges. It will operate a heck of a lot better with a custom program than trying to figure out which one of the programs for yer bike runs at the lean or rich part.Now make a change to it and yer doing the same thing again. Look how much you paid for yer bike. Now yer not wanting to dyno it because of the extra expense.
This is the reason I was suggestion the TM With auto tune man. it will adjust to the air/fuel flow going to both front and back cylinders. It will do a heck of a lot more for yer bike than installing one of the programs from the sert.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
surveyor
Cruiser

Going to get new pipes for the bike and was thinking of VH bigshots staggared/quiet baff.with a new air filter from k&n but all this sert,tuner,hd download,dyno stuff is getting very confusing to know which way to go. So many different takes. I will Keep trying.
[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 03-06-2007, 02:43 PM
cunfuzed
Cruiser

i ride an 07' ultra and did the sert along with v & h ovals and high airflow box and i have to admit i did the sert due to very lean conditions but i've been down here in venice,florida for a month now sorta on vacation and i've put over 1000 miles on in the heat and the bike runs fenominally!! i have no regrets on doing the sert and dyno and if you catch a sale like i did before i left nj u can get it all done for around $600 with the tune. do what you are comfortable with this is just my personal experience and opinion.

Quick Reply: Sert versus the Tuner...