Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Mastertune Question

Set up my first of two Softails with the TTS Mastertune. Everything went as stated and I was happy with the outcome. I would like to lower the closed loop AFR from 14.68 to 14.24. In the manual it says to use the O2 Calculator. My question is how to do it? When I look up 14.6 AFR the voltage number is alot different than 14.6AFR ? Kind of confusing? Any help explaining how to set the AFR in Closed loop to different values would be apprieciated. I am also aware that in the manual it states that you can't just change the
numbers in the cells of the closed Loop area of the AFR table. The manula states that if the cells are set to anything other than 14.6 that the bike will not run in closed loop mode.

Thanks in Advance.
Just wanting to understand a little more about it.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:34 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the calculator tool screen (opened under the tools menu) you type in the desired AFR and click on calculate and the corresponding O2 voltage show up in the O2 Voltage box. There is also a list of AFR vs O2mv on the left of the Calculator screen. Some of the tuning guide versions have a table that may be easier to figure out than trying to use the calculator.

A CLB of 799 will set the closed loop AFR to 14.24. Thats as rich as recommended to set AFR as any richer they say will have a tendency to make the O2 sensors lazy (slow to respond) after some time. I had a lot of carbon build up at 800, 700 seems to be a good compromise for me and many, thats roughly 14.63

Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ColdCase
In the calculator tool screen (opened under the tools menu) you type in the desired AFR and click on calculate and the corresponding O2 voltage show up in the O2 Voltage box. There is also a list of AFR vs O2mv on the left of the Calculator screen. Some of the tuning guide versions have a table that may be easier to figure out than trying to use the calculator.

A CLB of 799 will set the closed loop AFR to 14.24. Thats as rich as recommended to set AFR as any richer they say will have a tendency to make the O2 sensors lazy (slow to respond) after some time. I had a lot of carbon build up at 800, 700 seems to be a good compromise for me and many, thats roughly 14.63
I appreciate the info on the limit. That would save me alot of time. Is this something you can change after you tune or should you tune after you make the change. I already have a tune that is nice and would like to richen it up a bit. Just in hopes of running cooler.
the part that confuses me in the calculator is... If you type in 14.68 it calulates to 450 if you type in 14.6 it calulates to 741 Just doesn;t seem to make sense. Try it . That is what is confusing me.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser

My Bias tables are both set to 486 what APR would it be running in the in the AFR chart on top it shows 14.45 AFR Jsut seems like a big difference in voltage setting from 14.45 to 14.24 it is like 486 to 799

Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The O2 sensor has a very steep curve in that area, I think it shows you on the right hand side of the calculator window, you can move the cross hairs around and see that a little change in voltage gives you what seems like a big change in AFR. That area is where the O2 sensor is most accurate

They say to re VTune if you change the CLB table, don't know why off hand, but everyone seems to say to re-VTuned the bike when you change CLBs... no short cut.

486 is between 14.67 and 14.68, which is near where the map is set from the factory I think (450).

I would suggest trying something closer 700 or or a little less, re-VTune and see how she feels. That seems to be the sweet spot for most street bikes. I think your cats were removed with the slip ons, but if you have cats and run rich, the engine runs cooler but the cats heat up.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Raiderse
Cruiser

Cats are gone , you are correct.