Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Ordered a PowerCommander, anyonelse have one.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Ordered a PowerCommander, anyonelse have one.

Should get it tommorrow, can't wait to get it downloaded and put it to good use, my freind just installed one and his bike pulls like a freight train [sm=exactly.gif], also it has turned the back plug to a nice tan instead of chalk white [&:], which is pretty much the way the back plug runs with just the SE map.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:44 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Ordered a PowerCommander, anyonelse have one.

Thought you were going with an EG Standard? I have not ordered a Power Commander yet. I'm going to get one at the same time I do the Rhinehart upgrade...you never did get back to me on your visit with him...

Mac

Old 07-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Mac and Mark,

The Power Commander is the way to go. Of course there have been numerous threads on it in the past. It's the only way to go with Rineharts.

Terry

Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one installed on my '05 RK by the dealer who downloaded the correct map for SE2's and K&N filter. Never had it dyno-tuned - it runs so well I hate to chance their screwing it up .

Old 07-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilot1996

Thought you were going with an EG Standard? I have not ordered a Power Commander yet. I'm going to get one at the same time I do the Rhinehart upgrade...you never did get back to me on your visit with him...

Mac
Now see Mac, that just shows that your not reading my post , just kidding.
Actually I did answer you in the post where I told about the conversation with Gerald, heck we had cool ones until 2:30 in the morning[sm=icon_cheers.gif], Gerald is one heck of a guy and is smart as a tack.
Be sure to look ir up Mac and read it, I'll bet you will be gladly surprised.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:47 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I missed it, must have been while I was on vacation...I missed a little bit over the past two weeks, I thought I had caught up, but I guess not.

Mac

Old 07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 148 Likes on 41 Posts

Power commanders are a great invention, just finding the right map or the right person to map it usually is the only problem. The canned maps are OK as a starting point , but a custom map is far better.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
HD4ME
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting mine installed and Dyno tuned tommorrow on my 05 Fatboy. Guy doing the Dyno is very familiar with the PCIII and is makin a custom map for my setup(95", V & H Big Shot Staggereds, Thunder Monster Baffles). I'll post the results when I get it back. I plan on keeping this bike for awhile and want it to run the best it can. I hope 2200 miles is enough of a break-in on the engine so the Dyno won't harm it. I saw the American Chopper episode when they fried the Shelby bike....NOT COOL!!

Old 07-14-2005, 04:44 PM
2_up_FXDI
Cruiser

Not to change the subject here, But HD4ME, I noticed you said you have the V&H Big Shots Staggered... I just ordered a set of those for my 05 Superglide ... do you like them? how do they sound compared to the SE slip ons ive got now? Thanks

KC

Old 07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
HD4ME
Cruiser

I don't think you can go wrong with them. They have a nice deep tone to them with stock baffles, but that damn buddy of mine bought some Thunder Monsters which we installed in his Big Radius pipes. What a difference! It sounds like I'm advertising for the Thunder Monster Baffles but they sound fantastic with these in. You won't have a problem with cars or anyone hearing you coming. They are simple to install as the stock baffles easily will come out by removing the set screws. His were a pain in the a@# because of the curved pipe. It also seems to give me a bit more midrange torque. I've heard the SE slip-ons and to each their own, but it just didn't do it for me. I, too, wanted to be sure people heard me coming, and they do with V & H. Plus I must admit I like the looks of the pipes. They look like drag pipes but will give you performance.

I should have known you'd go with the Big Shots! Isn't That what's in your pic?

Enjoy your new ride. Looks great!

Quick Reply: Ordered a PowerCommander, anyonelse have one.