Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HD Race fueler vs Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Race fueler vs Race Tuner

First of all, I apologize for my english. I write from Spain, and I'm not a native english speaker.

I've just bought a '07 Street Glide. I will run it stock for a while, maybe until 5.000 miles service, or maybe 1.000, we'll see...

Then I will upgrade to Stage I. The configuration I'm considering is:

- Screaming Eagle Air cleaner
- SE Street-Performance Mufflers or Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons
- ¿Race fueler or race tuner????? That is the question...

I wont do it myself, but through my dealer. My question is: race fueler is enough???? I know is much cheaper and simpler, and I dont really trust spanish HD dealers to install and correctly tune race tuner, PCIII, etc...

By the way, has anyone heard 07 SE Street-Performace mufflers?? Are they too quiet when compared to old Screaming Eagle II???

Thanks in advance and happy rides to everyone,
Efrén

Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: HD Race fueler vs Race Tuner

I am planning on getting a race fueler my self. I think unless you are going to do a big bore kit, or cams, the SERT is over kill. Just my opinion.[&:]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Estoerp, don't apologize for your Engish -- very good actually. It's a heck of a lot better than my Spanish!

Good luck with your upgrades.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ESTOERP

First of all, I apologize for my english. I write from Spain, and I'm not a native english speaker.

I've just bought a '07 Street Glide. I will run it stock for a while, maybe until 5.000 miles service, or maybe 1.000, we'll see...

Then I will upgrade to Stage I. The configuration I'm considering is:

- Screaming Eagle Air cleaner
- SE Street-Performance Mufflers or Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons
- ¿Race fueler or race tuner????? That is the question...

I wont do it myself, but through my dealer. My question is: race fueler is enough???? I know is much cheaper and simpler, and I dont really trust spanish HD dealers to install and correctly tune race tuner, PCIII, etc...

By the way, has anyone heard 07 SE Street-Performace mufflers?? Are they too quiet when compared to old Screaming Eagle II???

Thanks in advance and happy rides to everyone,
Efrén

If warranty is a concern, you would want your dealer to tune with whatever they normally tune with and cover it under warranty, right? Do you have an independent bike shop that uses other tuning hardware? If you do, find the besttuner and go with whatever they normally tune with, but now we're potentially back to a warranty issue. Just own bikes that are out of warranty like always do, it's less expensive and allows me the freedom and flexability to find the best bike tech, usually not working for a dealer.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your English is better than many Americans I come across... Anyway, for what you are doing, the Fueler would be perfect. The Fueler is designed for simple air cleaner and slip on muffler modifications.

It will not change the rev limit, but a stock motor with an air cleaner and pipes will not make any more power at 6000, than it would at 5500 rpm.

Have fun with the bike!

Old 01-06-2007, 09:38 AM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

Any race fueler tutorial available somewhere or from someone? Internet, scanned manual, whatever...

Old 01-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Bikerdoc
Novice

El dia bueno mi amigo.
I think you are on the right track with the Race Fueler, and Air Filter upgrades.
The Screaming Eagle Street-Performance Mufflers are as quiet as the old Screaming Eagle II's or even MORE quiet.
Can you order RUSH slip-on Mufflers in Spain?
I have them on one bike and I am going to put them on another bike soon.
They cost less than the Harley Screaming Eagle Mufflers, they have a WARRANTY, and you can change the baffles in the pipes if you want more/less sound.
I have them onmy2007 FXSTSSE and I love them.
Many aftermarket suppliers sell them.
You can order them with finished with different ends (slash up, slash down, straight cut, etc)OR you canorder mufflers (TIP compatible mufflers) that have tips to attach to them - those mufflers will also fit the Screaming Eagle Street Performance muffler tips as well as the Rush tips.
I really like the 2.00" baffles in my pipes - they are loud.
http://www.epiflex.com/rush_touring.html

Buena suerte y cabalgar bueno,
Mike

Old 01-23-2007, 03:02 PM
ESTOERP
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: ESTOERP

Any race fueler tutorial available somewhere or from someone? Internet, scanned manual, whatever...
https://www.hdforums.com/m_239991/tm.htm

Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
electra2006
Stage II

Hi, Efren.
I post this message from Spain (Madrid) too. I´ve just installed SE Race Fueler in my 2006 Ultra. It need to be calibrated,but my dealer is not feeling very comfortable with it...I have read some recommended cals across this forum, but I would like to know what each pot exactly does. I someone can explain us, it will be very usefull.
Thanks in advance

Antonio