Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V INERR Error Code on Start-up

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Redda
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morgan and Wacker Brisbane.

They have been good about it - as they should be on a brand new bike.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah, thats where i get all my gear from, they are pretty good. If u had said gasoline alley, i would tell u to run far, far away. Sorry i couldnt be of any actual help. Good luck

Last edited by Oz Nightrain; 08-14-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Redda
3rd Gear

Cheers. Thanks mate. They are confident they will sort it. Just have to be 'patient'.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:13 AM
thoner7
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2012 WG has had the VINERR code problem in the past, but now with a new twist.

Recently my bike was throwing the VINNER code on ALL starts, not just hot starts.

For the third time now my bike just shuts off after sitting idling at a light. The light goes green and I start to let off the clutch and go and the engine dies as if I stalled out. Today however, was the first time the bike didn’t start right back up. I tried a handful of times and nothing. Then after 15 mins while waiting for a ride, it fired right up like nothing was wrong.

I will check the battery connections and the grounds. Is the only ground connection under the seat? I can also get the battery load tested.

My bike was bought used from a dealer last April – is there any way to check and see if the recalled voltage regulator was replaced or not?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:34 PM
thoner7
Tourer

bueller?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 AM
youngblud
2nd Gear

Hi to all,
Does anyone has a diagram or approximate locations of all the GND connections that would need to be checked?

The Only GND that I checked on my FXDB 2012 is the one under the seat, near the swing arm. It's all tight and clean.

Thanks in advanced!

Peace and ride safe!

Old 07-11-2015, 07:54 PM
78shovel101
Intermediate
Default pre-tuned thundermax wrong VIN

I just installed a thundermax that was pre-tuned for my bike. I was getting this error and after a few days troubleshooting, found out that the VIN didn't have the correct format, wrong country or something. From the thundermax app, I entered my VIN and the error went away !!!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Julia's Dad
Advanced

The VIN ERR started happening in my bike on cold startups when it was approximately 1.5 years old and had about 2500 miles on it. Have lived with the issue for a year or so. Just recently I installed the auxiliary power socket and in the process I cleaned up the battery terminals. The terminals were visibly oxidized. The VIN ERR has not happened since. I have done some 600 without issues since. Used to happen frequently. Fingers crossed this solved the problem. This just in case my experience would help someone else also.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:53 AM
harleyluvr4u
Stage III
Angry V inner code on 2015 Street Glide Custom

I have been experiencing this code on my 2015 FLHXC, over the weekend it poped up again and the bike totally died when starting. I removed the fuse, replaced the fuse after a few mins and it started ok. The rest of the day it was good. I try to start the following day, same code and everything went dead. Checked what I could and nothing. No power for 3 days. Harley came to pick up the bike and after pushing it on the truck and it sitting for a few minutes, the power came back on and seemed ok. We started it twice no problem, then the 3rd start, was very, very rough, and very low power and through code again... Does anyone know what this code is or why the bike is having loss of power like this???? I just do not want Harley telling me they cant find anything and I get stranded or worse because of this loss of power.... Any help would be apprreciated.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:34 PM
toryhardin92
Advanced

We’re you guys able to pin point most of what was going on? I have this error and start up and bike wants to die at times if I don’t give it throttle when coming to a stop.

I tested my voltage regulator and I think it’s toast. Failed two test.

1. Multimeter set to AC, connect leads to battery terminal and BAM! Pulling 30.2 v to my battery. Toast.

2. Lead to battery ground, positive lead to pins on regulator. Seeing voltage which means bad as well.

my question is do you think this is all caused by my faulty regulator ???

Quick Reply: V INERR Error Code on Start-up