Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

XLS Windhshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:15 AM
halmc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XLS Windhshield

It's kinda cold here in N. Fla. and sometimes I need a pair of tweezers to pee.

I think a windshield would help. Anybody have one on an XL* they like and if yes, might I have the make and model so'z I can get one.

Mucho Gracias,

Jaraldo in N. Fla where it's actually below freezing.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:31 AM
IronMick
Stellar HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 91 Posts

SlipStreamer model number HD-0
www.slipstreamer.com
IMO these are the very best.

Get the clear not the tinted. IMO tinted in general can be dangerous. For example, riding slowly on gravel or other rough surface in low light you have to look down thru the windscreen. A tinted screen obscures the road detail. Just my experience. Besides, clear looks better.

The large screens are a problem in rain and at night - especially bad in both! You have to be able to easily see over the top of the screen in your normal, relaxed riding position.

From the website ...

HD-0 “Mini-Police”
Designed to replicate the "Harley" police shield, this Slipstreamer original takes it one step further. Mounted with quick release mounting hardware. You can remove it and put it back on in seconds. Also, with stainless steel straps and anodized aluminum hardware, rust will never be a problem. Standard with 1" hardware, 7/8" and 1 1/4" clamps are available in clear and smoke.

Dimensions: 15" H x 14 1/2" W

Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
halmc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMick
SlipStreamer model number HD-0
www.slipstreamer.com
IMO these are the very best.

Get the clear not the tinted. IMO tinted in general can be dangerous. For example, riding slowly on gravel or other rough surface in low light you have to look down thru the windscreen. A tinted screen obscures the road detail. Just my experience. Besides, clear looks better.

The large screens are a problem in rain and at night - especially bad in both! You have to be able to easily see over the top of the screen in your normal, relaxed riding position.

From the website ...

HD-0 “Mini-Police”
Designed to replicate the "Harley" police shield, this Slipstreamer original takes it one step further. Mounted with quick release mounting hardware. You can remove it and put it back on in seconds. Also, with stainless steel straps and anodized aluminum hardware, rust will never be a problem. Standard with 1" hardware, 7/8" and 1 1/4" clamps are available in clear and smoke.

Dimensions: 15" H x 14 1/2" W
Thanks, I'll follow your advice to the letter. I hope it's not as cold in Ontario as it is in Sunny Florida.