Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the crushed ice a 1200 dollar add?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
You know you just insulted every person with a ***** that happens to buy that color? I'd consider that color. To me it's not "Girly Girl" but kinda bitchin' 60's 70's paint.

Congrats on the bike! You deserve it!
On its own it isn't that girly BUT I will add more rhinestones, already a purple shield, rhinestone seat bolt and license plate. Likely a rhinestone fairing trim and speaker trim. PLUS it is girly because I ride it :-) And it is stunning.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:31 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparBob
Thanks!
No problem. What area of Colorado are you moving to? I've lived here over 50 years, except for four years in the army in the early 80's. Colorado is a great state!

Old 10-12-2016, 01:33 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I will add more rhinestones, already a purple shield, rhinestone seat bolt and license plate. Likely a rhinestone fairing trim and speaker trim. PLUS it is girly because I ride it :-) And it is stunning.
Ha Ha! Yeah that sounds like it's getting pretty girlie!

Still a bitchin' color for a guy too.

Congrats!

Old 10-13-2016, 01:29 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you guys should tell them when they call you exactly what happened and why. They'll never learn any other way. I really don't understand what's going on here though. There are plenty of bikes coming off the assembly line every day. There is zero reason for them to say anything at all about charging a premium for any of the paint colors. I was at my dealer last night and he told me they had sold every color so far. So once again, it's not like there's any kind of a scarcity of colors. They can just order another one in that same color. Or ten more if they like. Crazy. By the way, I have a 2014 Police Bike (FLHTP). It also has the Ice Pearl color with lots of small sparkles in the sun. I don't know when they stopped the Birch White on cop bikes.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
I think you guys should tell them when they call you exactly what happened and why. They'll never learn any other way. I really don't understand what's going on here though. There are plenty of bikes coming off the assembly line every day. There is zero reason for them to say anything at all about charging a premium for any of the paint colors. I was at my dealer last night and he told me they had sold every color so far. So once again, it's not like there's any kind of a scarcity of colors. They can just order another one in that same color. Or ten more if they like. Crazy. By the way, I have a 2014 Police Bike (FLHTP). It also has the Ice Pearl color with lots of small sparkles in the sun. I don't know when they stopped the Birch White on cop bikes.
They already know, their just hoping that we get caught up in the new bike hype and lay down for them. I'm not a patient negotiator so I try to be honest with people. I made a reasonable offer and they came back with something crazy. To me that was the end of the negotiation. I'll give it a few months and maybe go check out a few dealers when the temps are in the teens.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 AM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
No problem. What area of Colorado are you moving to? I've lived here over 50 years, except for four years in the army in the early 80's. Colorado is a great state!
If the job doesn't fall through, Greeley.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,139 Likes on 6,210 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
If you look at Harley's site it says how much extra for certain colors. It shows it for each and every model. I guess that is not as easy as spewing forth dealer hate.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,512 Likes on 1,301 Posts

I remember when banks first started charging fees. I said no one will pay them. I talked to my bank and have never paid a fee, but most do. Then we saw government fees get added, then increased. I do remember when I bought a car or a motorcycle, I was quoted a price and that was the price, plus tax and license. The dealer was suppose to charge enough to cover set-up, and bought large enough that freight was paid. It costs me less to ship a pallet across country than it costs per bike to ship a truck load of Harley's.....somebodies pocketing that money. It is a rip off, but so many get away with it that it has become the standard. Only a consumer revolt, refusing to pay these add on fees would cause the industry to rethink. Slightly higher price, but no fees. Nice and clean. Can you imagine buying a bike on Craigs list and agreeing on a price for the bike, then when you go to pay him he tells you, oh wait, I washed the bike and that costs $ 100.00, and I stored it in my garage since I listed it, so that is another $ 50.00 and I have to take your cash to the bank in my car, so add another $50.00 and it has a full tank, that is $ 45.00 and I put air in the tires, my compressor cost me $ 300.00 and your bikes use of it comes to $ 12.00. I added mini apes which only add $ 150.00 and new grips, $ 75.00.
You tell me your out the door price, minus tax and license and I'll tell you yes or no. This fee crap is a rip off. How much more does it really cost to paint a bike red than to paint it black. Oh, it is a special color. Bull ****.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
If you look at Harley's site it says how much extra for certain colors. It shows it for each and every model. I guess that is not as easy as spewing forth dealer hate.
Dealer hate?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,139 Likes on 6,210 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
Dealer hate?
The person I quoted was saying the dealer is ripping off people by charging more for certain colors. Fact is the premium price for certain colors has nothing to do with dealers and is plain as day on Harley's site. By dealer hate I mean a tendency to bash a dealer at every opportunity regardless if it is warranted or not.

Quick Reply: Why is the crushed ice a 1200 dollar add?