Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owners stuck in winter weather

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 12:26 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

NJ here too. I have a whole 46 miles on mine. Rained this week. Streets are clean. Gonna put some miles on this weekend I hope.

The following users liked this post:
stixvrad (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,087 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Many of us that live in places like Wisconsin yearly put on as many or more miles than those that live in places with no winter.
Our bikes are safe and warm in their room. Went down this morning and put a thin coat of Zaino's on the M8. Just a reason to touch it and mess around some with the audio update 1.20.3.
Winter the ATV and snowmobiles come out, a different kind of riding.
I figure WI has some nice open roads not too jammed with knuckleheads out to punt you into the shoulder, no? Here its like riding with a target on your back.TRULY.. gotta ride about an hour to just be where you can turn down the "idiot sonar".

Old 01-19-2017, 01:07 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by stixvrad
Been looking in either SC or NC .. a few friends have been too. This areas just getting out of control for many reasons.
Have had a condo in Myrtle beach since 91 that place has gotten so over populated traffic jams every day, in the summer forget it. If your away from the water less crowded but get used to 95-100 degrees in summer humidity to match.

No doubt you'll get more riding in but summers can be brutal unless you live in mtns

Old 01-19-2017, 01:19 PM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark
NJ here too. I have a whole 46 miles on mine. Rained this week. Streets are clean. Gonna put some miles on this weekend I hope.
thought i was unlucky with only 81 miles, no rain forecast for the next week & roads are full of salt etc...

Old 01-19-2017, 01:30 PM
HotRodNut
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by stixvrad
Been looking in either SC or NC .. a few friends have been too. This areas just getting out of control for many reasons.

I first moved to the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area. Later I moved to the foothills of NC. Both are great riding areas. My big braggin' rights for my first winter there was riding on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day!

I haven't lived in those areas since 1997 and miss the great riding.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:16 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,087 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisinmann
Have had a condo in Myrtle beach since 91 that place has gotten so over populated traffic jams every day, in the summer forget it. If your away from the water less crowded but get used to 95-100 degrees in summer humidity to match.

No doubt you'll get more riding in but summers can be brutal unless you live in mtns
Thanks for the heads up.. I don't care for beach area but also not luvin the 100 degree temps either. If I move it will be where I can get a good size lot and home for the $, decent weather most of the year and traffic lights I don't have to wait three cycles to get through. At 56 I have little patience. Can't imagine what I'll be like in another 5-10 years,LOL.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

compared to your 70 or 100 miles I guess I don't feel that bad.. I put 200 when I picked her up in early Dec. Added another 150 since then.. now it's waiting for snow and rain to go away. At least I've been keeping myself busy with add-ons. My winter projects list keeps growing every time I fire up my computer!

Old 01-19-2017, 03:47 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
thought i was unlucky with only 81 miles, no rain forecast for the next week & roads are full of salt etc...
How are the temp's over on that side of the pond?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Been riding for the past week in jeans and a t-shirt in the south. Nice now but if its any indication as to how the summer is gonna go it will be brutal!

Old 01-19-2017, 09:21 PM
jgrohio
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Had a lot of rain in Ohio so it washed the roads so Monday took bike out it was 35 degrees, I smiled the whole time. Sat its going to be 50 so wife and I will be out.

Quick Reply: New owners stuck in winter weather