Sponsored by:

Lighted Switch Controls on 2019 SG

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Lighted Switch Controls on 2019 SG

I just installed lighted switch controls (part # 71500248) on my 2019 Street Glide. Not sure if others have done this on their M8 and ran into similar issues that I did but if not, I figured I’d share to save others some time.

Ill be the first to admit I am no mechanic nor anything close to one but I figured this should be about as simple as it gets (aside from changing the oil). I started the install memorial weekend and after messing with it for an hour in 90+ degree heat, I buttoned it back up with the stock controls as to not ruin my weekend riding plans. For some reason I could not get the switch housings on the clutch side to line up.

I decided to take another look today and after messing with it for about 15 minutes and running into the same issue, I realized that there is a notch in the stock controls that is not in the lighted controls. (See pic below). I ended up having to cut a notch in the plastic in order to make them fit. Not sure if this is different for prior years as I have never installed them before. Once the notch was cut, everything went smooth and I had both sides installed and everything hooked back up in about 15 minutes.

A question I am hoping others can chime in on (I’ll admit I haven’t searched for an answer yet) is, can I switch buttons from the stock module to the lighted module? For instance, the back arrow on the stock module is the information button on the lighted module.

The following users liked this post:
madmat (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:36 AM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

You know, I replaced my switches with the lighted ones and they fit right it without modification. I'm looking at the picture which I am guessing is the switch that comes with the bike (non-lighted) and I don't understand what you are circling.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by coop creek
You know, I replaced my switches with the lighted ones and they fit right it without modification. I'm looking at the picture which I am guessing is the switch that comes with the bike (non-lighted) and I don't understand what you are circling.
It’s kind of hard to see but in the circle is a small “notch” in the plastic. Part of the switch housing slides in this notch. The lighted controls that I bought used on here, did not have this notch. They were off of a 14 so they could be an older version. Hope that makes sense.