Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 02:02 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Infotainment Operation Problems Solutons Boom 6.5 Rushmore 2014 Stop GPS Cancel Route

When I say " cancel Route Guidance" ... and the Chick Responds, " Do you really want to cancel Route Guidance?" ... I just want to choke her!
Post number 8 in this thread tells how to cancel GPS Route Guidance ................Ok... this is going to be a continuing source of conversation, so we need a Rushmore Sticky for the Infotainment system... and please... monitor it to curb smucks making "read the manual idiot" statements... So we don't have to read thru 15 pages of drivel to learn how to operate this new fangled Infotainment system... Things like you need a mic to talk to it... etc........................... ........................ ................... .................... ........ ........ ........ .. .. ..... .......To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu may display Diag Service not Availiable when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process. Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen.
Reset: Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save.
Originally Posted by DesertDweller
The MP3 format is what works on my jump drive.
I use a program called Mp3Tag to get cover art, create playlists and edit the tags. I have over 1000 songs in different folders on my jump drive.
The infotainment will display the album art while the song is playing. You can select by artist, song playlist or genre. I have found that the more complete the tags are the more flexible the system is.
I use a SanDisk 32GB Cruzer, really small and fits nicely.
I also put routes for the GPS on the same disk.
Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Link of how to manually cancel route navigation GPs ,, http://www.hdforums.com/forum/member...stem-pics.html On the right bar the toggle switch with the "down left arrow" (4th pic) is your mouse to move the highlight bar around the screens... The highlight bar is the orange circle for those of you in Portland. So... to stop the route guidance manually toggle the orange highlight bar to the little Icon with 3 lines & dashes (1st pic) ... pushing the toggle button in, is the same effect as clicking a mouse which activates that button... So when you click that Icon, the screen pops (2nd pic) with "stop" "preferences" "POs Near"... Hit the stop button to cancel route guidance... If you have a microphone, you can stop the GPS by hitting the voice command button; which is the right side of the left blinker button, and say, "Cancel Route Guidance"
Deleting Way Points :
Originally Posted by HD-Gyro
I had a similar problem where I imported a route from H-D ride planner and my start point was on a section of closed road and even though I tried to ignore the continuous instructions to turn back, I eventually had to stop the route.

However, one of the other riders on this site suggested the following which I have tried. It seems to work.

From the main map display screen, push the 'Options' button (the button with the 3 dash-dot symbols).

On the next screen scroll down until you see the 'Destinations' button. Click on it.

The next screen should be a summary of your trip with all the waypoints. Scroll down to find the waypoint you wish to delete. Click on it.

The next screen should be a description of the waypoint with the 'Options' button. Click on the 'Options' button.

On the Options screen click on 'Stop'.

After you click on Stop, the screen will return to the map and recalculate without that waypoint.

You can use either the right joystick or the touchscreen as the mouse.

Larry

Attached Thumbnails Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-harey-icon-nav.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-harley-stop.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pic-3-stop.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-harley-nav-pic-4.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 06-24-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain

The Infotainment does not support my phone for texts... Does anyone have a phone that works with the text? It's time for a new phone for me anyhow..

Old 02-13-2014, 02:39 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

The Infotainment does not support my phone for texts... Does anyone have a phone that works with the text? It's time for a new phone for me anyhow..
I have an older Android phone, an HTC Evo 3D (I too am due for a new phone) and although riding time has been limited I had my wife send me a few texts while on the road and I received them. The notification didn't work but if I dug into the system I was able to find them, read them and in some cases get them read back to me.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
JCloud
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this site real helpful.... Still learning

http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/p...oftware_update

May also want to check out this page for phone compatibility:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by JCloud; 02-13-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Galaxy Note III and Galaxy 4 both work for me. Be sure to enable SMS text if you want a return message sent. you can enter your own message.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Verizon Wireless that works correctly with the Infotainment 6.5 unit on my FLHTK.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:09 PM
white83
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Iphone 5 from Verizon and it will read the text back to me as stated earlier you have to dig a little in the system to find them. All in all I would like for it to reply with a message of my choice but I don't think that Apple supports that feature. was able to jailbreak my phone and setup a app that will auto-reply but you have to turn it on and remember to turn it back off.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Default how to manually cancel route navigation GPS Rushmore Infotainment Boom 6.5 Youtube

Link of how to manually cancel route navigation GPs ,, http://www.hdforums.com/forum/member...stem-pics.html On the right bar the toggle switch with the "down left arrow" (4th pic) is your mouse to move the highlight bar around the screens... The highlight bar is the orange circle for those of you in Portland. So... to stop the route guidance manually toggle the orange highlight bar to the little Icon with 3 lines & dashes (1st pic) ... pushing the toggle button in, is the same effect as clicking a mouse which activates that button... So when you click that Icon, the screen pops (2nd pic) with "stop" "preferences" "POs Near"... Hit the stop button to cancel route guidance... If you have a microphone, you can stop the GPS by hitting the voice command button which is the right side of the left blinker button and say, "Cancel Route Guidance" What really irks me is when you finally get the bike to recognize that command... It then ask's you, "Do you really want to cancel route guidance?" ... Answering AbsoFarkinloutly really messes her up... :-)

Attached Thumbnails Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pics-2-.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pics-1-.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pics-4-.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pics-3-.jpg   Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-nav-pics-6-.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 06-24-2014 at 06:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (06-15-2022)
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hojones
For folks looking to add a auxiliary input to their 6.5 system to use a Garmin or whatever device it is a relatively simple process. I purchased the HD part number 69200610 jumper and removed the 3 wires from the Molex connector. Be sure to record what pin number they are and color. You will find a 12 pin Molex connector on top of the radio unit that goes from the CB to the main radio unit. In that connector on the CB side you will see 4 spaces in the plug that are not being used. Take the Molex connector apart from the front. Remove the white blanks. insert the wire sockets into the same number holes you removed them from previously. They are white, red, black. Hole numbers 6,7,8. Take bike to your dealer to connect to Digital Tech. Under the radio tab you will see Audio inputs. Choose Aux input 3 and name it what ever you like. Flash radio and reboot radio. You will see on your radio under "Media" your newly named input. it will work with any Garmin or audio device you have and functions and mutes just like the rest of the system. I hope this helps those of us who had questions about this subject.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................... ,,................. ...The screen comes in the night mode on occasion during the day? After about five or ten minutes day time settings come back up so you can see the screen? Is anybody else having this problem?
Originally Posted by lazye
Mine did that a few times. Went to the settings / screen brightness and unchecked automatic. No problems now

Attached Thumbnails Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions-1-harley-part-for-radio.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-26-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:29 PM
ofan
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do notice after the software upgrade that when I restart the bike, it doesn't see my usb drive for my music. I need to unplug it and plug it back in after starting the bike. This is new...

Quick Reply: Infotainment Operation Problems Solutions