Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Vermont Small Towns.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 09:16 AM
BubbaHFD
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

North hero is a nice ride if its warm

Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,964 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaHFD
North hero is a nice ride if its warm
True. Rte 7 up to Missiquoi reserve, across to Rte 2 and back down. I camp up there in the summer and do that ride often. There’s quite a bit of great routes up here in VT. I’m spoiled in that aspect.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:54 AM
BubbaHFD
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

My kid has been at UVM for four years and I finally got a touring bike, now I blew a disc out in my back and am limited to short rides. Never fails, got a house rental in Stowe for graduation, couldn’t touch burly, rates get jacked.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:39 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
If you happen around the Putney area, there is an old school BBQ’er, Curtis who runs Curtis’ Ribs. It is an outdoor area working out if an old run down bus and covered BBQ pit. Every weekend, that place is packed with bikers all summer long. Great food there too. Give him a google and check out the photos and reviews. Looks a little seedy until you figure out its a VT charm. He’s right off exit 4 on 91.
Got it. Thank You!!

Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
If you happen around the Putney area, there is an old school BBQ’er, Curtis who runs Curtis’ Ribs. It is an outdoor area working out if an old run down bus and covered BBQ pit. Every weekend, that place is packed with bikers all summer long. Great food there too. Give him a google and check out the photos and reviews. Looks a little seedy until you figure out its a VT charm. He’s right off exit 4 on 91.
I go by here everyday-good suggestion--I will say tho, it,s not as good as it used to be, 10/15 years ago the ribs were great, everything is kinda bland now ,but still worth the experience
Buzz, you must have ridden to Cathedral of the Pines while in Ringe[wife likes to stop there on the weekend then go to Kimballs in Jaffrey] Be careful on RT17 into Waitsfield if that,s the way you are traveling[trucks cut all the sharp corners and switchbacks] Your destinations should get a good feel of Vermont[small state but tons of great riding]
What were the dates you planned? Maybe I,ll buy you a drink
Rocker

Old 05-13-2019, 06:15 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Second the Kimball's recommendation... It's always my first stop every year on my annual NH pilgrimage.

But you said Vermont, so I'll just add my wife and I love visiting Manchester... That's where we spent our first anniversary though. Some nice bed and breakfasts in that area.

I will say though, Vermont isn't as nice as NH... You really can't beat the lakes region. Summer on Newfound is about as good as it gets.

Enjoy your time!

Old 05-13-2019, 07:42 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
I go by here everyday-good suggestion--I will say tho, it,s not as good as it used to be, 10/15 years ago the ribs were great, everything is kinda bland now ,but still worth the experience
Buzz, you must have ridden to Cathedral of the Pines while in Ringe[wife likes to stop there on the weekend then go to Kimballs in Jaffrey] Be careful on RT17 into Waitsfield if that,s the way you are traveling[trucks cut all the sharp corners and switchbacks] Your destinations should get a good feel of Vermont[small state but tons of great riding]
What were the dates you planned? Maybe I,ll buy you a drink
Rocker
My friend Rocker, would u believe me if i told u I used to live in Rindge? On Middle Winchendon Road. LOL!!! And you are so right!!!

Get this, as you likely know it is a small town maybe 3,000 people when I was living there. I once got a piece of mailed addresses to my name, Rindge, NH + zip code. <-- The address did not even have my street name or number. And I still got the mail. LOL!!!! And if I wanted a pizza I would call a 5 digit phone number and I would get the pizza place. LOL

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Second the Kimball's recommendation... It's always my first stop every year on my annual NH pilgrimage.

But you said Vermont, so I'll just add my wife and I love visiting Manchester... That's where we spent our first anniversary though. Some nice bed and breakfasts in that area.

I will say though, Vermont isn't as nice as NH... You really can't beat the lakes region. Summer on Newfound is about as good as it gets.

Enjoy your time!
Dan, thank you. I used to live in New Hampshire in the southwest corner and worked in Keene. Born and brought up in the Boston area and have written all over Maine, New Hampshire, and mostly on the highways in Vermont. A few years ago I rode through a small town in Vermont and I melted. It was unbelievable. So I am looking for those quaint small Vermont towns because I will be riding through the area again and I am flying my wife up from Florida so we can spend time in a few of the small towns and then head over to upper New York.

But personally I think Vermont is a little more beautiful than New Hampshire.

I was actually born and brought up in Massachusetts myself. Actually my wife as well. Eastern part of the state not Central or West. Massachusetts definitely has its upside but when it comes to politics............YUCK! Anyway...... thank you for the info.

The following 2 users liked this post by BuzzCap7:
Dan D. (05-13-2019), Rocker NH (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Better bring snow tires...wth....

Old 05-14-2019, 05:00 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,964 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
Better bring snow tires...wth....
Right, WTF! Don’t know what the heck happened last night. This weather is crap so far this year.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Update on Curtis" BBQ---he hash,t opened yet---talking maybe next weekend--not sure yet --check his website for more updates

https://www.facebook.com/Curtis-BBQ-128773007170005/

Quick Reply: Vermont Small Towns.......