Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:26 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: CT

CTtrapper, Sounds good, Bridgeport sells all there bikes at MSRP, and they treated me like a king. Saying that, I did bring my bike to Gengras for the 1000 mile service just because it is so much closer to me and I heard good things about them. Gengras did the stage 1 download and Arlen Ness big sucker air filter installation, then put it on there dyno as part of the service, I was impressed with them too. They also carry Redline Shockproof Heavy for the transmission and recommended it over Syn3, which really tells me they know their stuff and are not trying to push just H-D products.

Does Mike's have an opening date yet?

Gengras had an awsome spring open house last year, 2 days of Free food, live music and an awsome stunt show. Should be good again this year if it doesn't rain.

If you like motocross, check this out, it is opening in Windsor Ct.
http://www.mototownusa.com/home.html

Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My red Classic cmae from a mechanic at Mike's who got laid off. He and 15 others were "let go." I am not sure if they are moving or not. I would think they would be keeping people if they were expanding.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Qball

Well personally I would not trust Mike's to do anything. I think they are the biggest rip off around. Yeah "Mike's has Bikes" but you'll pay out your ***.

They wanted $2000 more than anyone else for my RKC. Told them I could go elsewhere for MSRP. Their attitude is "you can leave with the bike you want today." Yeah, as long as you want to pay a lot more for it.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 PM
CTtrapper
Cruiser

You wonder how they stay in business w/that type of milk the customer attitude.
When I was looking at the 35th glide they were like 18,900. thats over $2000 more than MSRP.
Thats the whole reason I didnt buy it there.
I went by there today and I could see it through the window, still sitting there right by the doors.
The spot they were going to move too was the old Anhiser Busch placeright off I-95.
Talk about a sweet location. The last I heard it was a legal thing that was just about worked out.
That could mean anything, I guess. Looking on their web site does mention they are moving to E.Lyme so.....who knows. That is so friggen close to me but forget them if there gonna rip people off.
Monkey man, I was thinking about the Gengras event..
That moto link... Isn't that the guy that was going around in a limo getting money from dirt bikers a couple years back to build that place. I know someone who gave him a lot of money I think.
Sounded like a scam to me...

Old 02-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Nowak73
3rd Gear

trapper, I'll keep in touch, let's see how many we can get. Most of my friends that have bikes have crotch rockets so it'll be nice to meet some Harley owners.

I got my bike last year through TSI in Ellington and have had it in a couple times for various things, they have been great so far. I might've gone through Gengras (seeing as it is much closer to me) but I had a hard time trying to inquire about a bike, where as TSI was very helpful. I have gotten parts and clothes from Gengras and they seem helpful enough, never dealt with the service department. I get my bike at the end of the month (winter storage at the dealer, probably a rip off but better than my alternatives), can't wait.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:51 AM
CTtrapper
Cruiser

Sounds good! Too bad about the winter storage.. I put on 35 miles or so today.Had to get one last ride in before the snow. People looking @ me like Im crazy...on a bike and its around 32 degrees.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,I`m in Plainville,and would be up for a shoeline ride.My girl and I ride RT 1 and the like as often as we can.
We ended up buying our bike at Easthampton HD up in Mass.Nice people,and beat Bridgeports price by $400.I personally heard nothing but horror stories about Mikes Famous.
Keep in touch,Mark.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:13 PM
CTtrapper
Cruiser

Good Deal, Glad to know ya.
Plainville aint to far at all.
Id like to get a ride up to missquamicutt beach this summer.
The more I hear bout mikes, the less I like. Im learning...lol

Old 02-13-2006, 08:32 AM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I`m all in for that ride!

Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: CTtrapper

Good Deal, Glad to know ya.
Plainville aint to far at all.
Id like to get a ride up to missquamicutt beach this summer.
The more I hear bout mikes, the less I like. Im learning...lol
Qball and I would be able to meet up with you guys for that one. We're right up the road from Misquamicut.

Quick Reply: CT