Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

VA State Hog Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VA State Hog Rally

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
&nbsp\\;
It is pathedic!!!&nbsp\\; A handfull of vendors selling the same old crap, Doo Rags and Cheap Leather.
&nbsp\\;
The last one I went to was in Richmond a few years ago and it was great, food, beer, bands, the MOCO was there with their trailer and demos to ride, riding exhibitions, stunt riders, etc...........
&nbsp\\;
Today was a total waste of time except for the ride there and the long way home. Of course the ride there is only about 10 miles, but then we left and did about 150 to get back home the long way.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
gibbyair
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VA State Hog Rally

this was first year I went to state rally. I'm with you it was bad.&nbsp\\; They wanted $40 at the door to get in plus HOG membership.&nbsp\\; we were able to get in anyway.I'm glad I didn't shell out any money.&nbsp\\; I'm not sure if it would have been free if I pre registered

Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,332 Likes on 8,567 Posts

Looks like another thing that used to be good has gone the way of buckola.
I let my membership lapse last year because none of the HOG stuff was done on days that I could join them, plus their riding habits of 4 or less in a group was a bit annoying.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump

Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Jimbo59
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welp,
&nbsp\\;
Four of us went down to Fredericksburg to attend the "Rally", and I can not post anything positive about the experience.
&nbsp\\;
The following quote is from one of the workers checking for wrist bands prior to entering the PARKING LOT in front of the Expo Center (as I tried to enter the PARKING LOT):
&nbsp\\;
"Dude do you have a wrist band? [NO where do I get one?] there around front someplace and they're forty bucks&nbsp\\;. [Forty bucks?] Yea, trust me you ain't missin much, the best stuff is right out&nbsp\\;there!"&nbsp\\;[he points to the Vendor row].&nbsp\\; Must've been around 8-10 vendors (pretty much the same @#$% you see everywhere.
&nbsp\\;
For Being a H.O.G. event, associated with HD&nbsp\\;this was pretty friggin lame.&nbsp\\; I sure hope the MOCO does a better job up in Milwaukee.&nbsp\\; I also hope the roadside assistance that comes with being a member doesn't resemble this kind of effort.
&nbsp\\;
Ride Safe folks,
&nbsp\\;
3 days and a wake-up we'll be on our way to the Grand Canyon all the way from VA,,,&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 PM
gabhart
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree it was lame.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

went to tx state hog rally i worked it also you walked in it was like a morgue pay your money then on your own the local harley dealer had everything going on and the site really stunk dont think ill do that again.. then went to ROT rally you walked in to register and it was awsum music and alot going on just made hog look horible.. now i still love hog but could have done better ( no i dont want to plan next one the people worked there butts off ) just my 2 cents

Old 06-22-2008, 12:09 AM
03ultra100th
Cruiser

Went to thje Missouri HOG rally in Springfield a couple years back. Same stuff, tried to charge $40 to check out the vendors. Walked around the building and went right in. Nothing to write home about. They used to have some good rallies but keep changing who's in charge and they are getting worse.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Whew, I was thinking about going, I'm glad I stayed home and did things with the kids.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 AM
basman
Novice

I almost went as well. decided to attend the Summer Brewfest in Leesburg, VA instead.&nbsp\\; Seems like we made the right choice!

Quick Reply: VA State Hog Rally