Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Cody WY motels

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

RoundHead is right. There is a rodeo every night of the whole summer in Cody. But I'm sure there are weekends where they are holding a large event that may cause an issue.

We stayed at the "Big Bear Motel" when we were there this past summer. Pretty nice place. Clean and price wasn't that bad. Its on the west end of town. Pretty quiet. They put on a little dog and pony show of some kind in the parking lot every night.

the parking is gravel, but plenty flat and tight. Easy enough on a motorcycle.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Best Western Premier Ivy Inn, more expensive but a really nice hotel. They give you chocolate, that's got to count towards the price difference.

Check out the Firearm museum while you're there in the Buffalo Bill Center. They've got some pretty rare and pretty awesome stuff. Don't forget it has an elevator to the vaults to more.

Watch for deer, sand and ice. The deer like early morning and twilight, and where there is one there is two.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master
Received 529 Likes on 290 Posts

Super 8, clean no frills, price was right. Has a bike parking area for bikes only and everything to clean your ride.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts

Stay at the Irma Hotel. It is not that expensive. Watch the gunfight in the street late in the afternoon. The rodeo is great.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:53 PM
ddsdoorguy
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn, more expensive but a really nice hotel. They give you chocolate, that's got to count towards the price difference.
I've stayed at the Ivy Inn. Very nice hotel. Since it is a Best Western they do give a HOG discount if your a member. I don't know if it's that great of discount. My wife is military so they gave us military rate when we were there. We would definitely stay there again.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,935 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Originally Posted by ddsdoorguy
I've stayed at the Ivy Inn. Very nice hotel. Since it is a Best Western they do give a HOG discount if your a member. I don't know if it's that great of discount. My wife is military so they gave us military rate when we were there. We would definitely stay there again.
I believe the HOG discount is 10%, which is the same they give military, AARP, AAA etc.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM
mcouture
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:11 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

this where we stay when in Cody she is a really nice lady and runs a clean ship...

http://www.cartermountainmotel.com/

Old 02-02-2018, 10:32 AM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Stayed at the cheaper Best Western in 2016. Very nice. love that the bike is right outside your door. nice pool, plus washers and dryers. There isn't much there that wont be pricy.
The new Best Western looked really nice but we just didn't want to pay those prices. Had Deer walking around every Morning

Old 02-05-2018, 12:36 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

We always stayed at the Irma. Food and drinks on location and in downtown Cody where the action is.

Quick Reply: Cody WY motels