Ozarks road trip - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ozarks road trip

Old 01-05-2019, 10:22 AM
chadbob
One Of The Regulars
Default Ozarks road trip

Planning a summer road trip from Minnesota to Arkansas.
I think I have most of my itinerary figured out, but could use a little guidance:
Option A
One night at Lake of the Ozarks, 2 nights in Eureka Springs, One night in Hot Springs

Option B
2 nights lake of the Ozarks, 2 nights Eureka Springs

Is Hot Springs more worthy of a visit than a day riding around Lake of the Ozarks?

Old 01-05-2019, 01:14 PM
road king Q
Road Captain

"Is Hot Springs more worthy of a visit than a day riding around Lake of the Ozarks?"

'splain me a little what you are looking for riding? As in, curves, places to stop.

Spa city is full of history as it was one of the 'vegas' type top spots in the country back in the early 1900s. Bath houses to tour like they used to be. Ride around the park hill. Walk on the 'promenade.' Easy to spend a day there and many shops, race track if in season, horses and gaming. Touristy stuff.

To me, crossing the Ouachita Mts on the way there and back up would be a big part of riding around that area. Many of the main hi ways down there stay in the valleys and are not my favorites. I like views, places to stop, climbing the over the hills. I wouldn't make big efforts to circle lake Ouachita. Petit Jean and or Nebo are worth a visit closer to the Arkansas river. Maybe Mt Magazine. So a trip down, some time there and back up the next day would be worth your time In my worthless opinion. Your mileage may vary.

One could indeed spend a few days in Hot Springs, Talimena, The Mt parks I mentioned above. Time in town. Just pointing stuff out and not answering your question... I have not done MO lake of the Ozarks to give any ideas about that part.. If you nix Hot Springs, work in a cave. Blanchard Springs is pretty impressive.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:21 PM
mo cajun
Senior Rider

Lots of great things and rides around the Lake of the Ozarks but it is crazy on a summer weekend.I would stop for a night during the week but not on weekend

Last edited by mo cajun; 01-05-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:09 PM
harleyboy63401
Road Captain

Lake Ozarks is ok during the week but I would take Hot Springs over that any day! JMO!

Old 01-06-2019, 11:35 AM
107inMO
One Of The Regulars

Eureka is very bike friendly but to the west of "most" of hills and curves. We stay in Harrison and do day trips. The post above about petit jean, nebo and magazine is correct, great rides. As well as Oark for a burger and pie! When going home we usually go over to Peel and ride the ferry and stay on 125 all the way North of I44. Bypass Branson and Springfield traffic and also get to see great scenery and curves!

Old 01-06-2019, 11:44 AM
107inMO
One Of The Regulars

By the way, whatever you do down there , you won't be disappointed !

Old 01-06-2019, 08:59 PM
FatboysFatboy96
Road Warrior

How's the weather and riding in April? I'm planing a trip there this spring and spend about 5 days riding around there, I've always wanted to see this part of the country.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:18 PM
107inMO
One Of The Regulars

Real hit or miss. You heard the saying "April showers bring May flowers"? We live it here. Just check before leaving . Keep in mind 40% chance of rain means Let's go riding!

The Following User Says Thank You to 107inMO For This Useful Post:
FatboysFatboy96 (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 10:16 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Here are 3 good day trip loops out of Eureka Springs that my buddies and I rode last August. If I had to pick 2, I'd do the two on the left. Push Mountain Road (in the one on the right) is nice, but getting there and back is just OK.

The Butler Motorcycle Map is really good and rates the roads in the area into 3 categories. The roads fitting those categories are highlighted on the map in yellow, red and orange respectively. Very useful in planning rides.

You can get it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0983270120/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0983270120/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have fun!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:33 AM
rnl_1200C
Road Master

say Hi to Marty Byrde while you are at the Ozarks

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: