Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

2011 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Hughey79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Street Glide

Hi there. Im researching my options for my new bike. Currently I am between the Jack Pots and Rush slip ons. I am not going to change out the head pipe now or any time soon at all mainly due to cost.
I am going to seriously consider the XIEDs to richen it up some. Been a fan of Vance and Hines for a long time but seems there is a lot more and better out there now.
My questions are what size baffle is a good choice? Looking not so much for performance gains as I am a deeper rumble and bass tone that sounds great at idle and definitely at cruising speeds.
Also cant recall are the baffles the same in both pipes not one side smaller?
Thank you.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On a 2011 Street glide with stock headpipes, we recommend using the 2.25" or 2.50" baffle. The catalytic converter in the headpipes creates a lot of back pressure and restricts the sound. This is why we recommend our largest two baffle options. No tuning is required on a stock bike. Also, both baffles are the same size. The only time having a smaller baffle in the left side would benifit performance is on a 07-08 bagger with stock headpipes.

Thanks for contacting us.
Ryan

Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 PM
rydahog
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default rush exhaust with...

ok i am a 2011 flhx owner, i want to use k&n air filter, bodeck efi fuel controller , and your 2.25" baffled exhaust. what say you? thanks ryd, this bike is bone stock..

Old 02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by rydahog
ok i am a 2011 flhx owner, i want to use k&n air filter, bodeck efi fuel controller , and your 2.25" baffled exhaust. what say you? thanks ryd, this bike is bone stock..
That will be a great setup. If you want a bit more sound, use the 2.50" baffle. Make sure the fuel controller is tuned properly and you will be set!
Ryan

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
nickholt
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
That will be a great setup. If you want a bit more sound, use the 2.50" baffle. Make sure the fuel controller is tuned properly and you will be set!
Ryan

Ryan,

What does that set up typically run?

Also, I have been told to replace the cat converter... Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

MSRP for our touring slip on mufflers is $398.95. I would recommend replacing the head pipes. The converter really restricts the exhaust flow and muffles the sound. Plus if you use Rush headpipes such as our true duals you get the added heat reduction from our inside/out ceramic coating. Please keep in mind that we recommend the 2.00" baffle when used with open head pipes.
Ryan

Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I, too am looking at a 2011 FLHX and mindblown with all the exhaust options since the new models had the catalytic in the header.

I have Rush 2.0 slipons on my Softail right now, and love the sound. I'm looking for something comparable or even a slight bit louder. Obviously don't have thousands of dollars to spend either though. My question is;

Can I get slipons loud enough on a stock bike to what I want without replacing the header?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 AM
rydahog
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ok installed

Hey ryan, ok i got the set-up installed, rush. 2.25's, dobeck gen3 EJK, and K&N a/c
had a bit of an issue with "burp" and finally found out it was NOT, slip ons, or a/c/ but i needed to reverse EJK wires on my fuel injectors.. after that bike ran wonderful, but to the point,,the slip-ons sound just right for me,,on road at 65-70 cruising,,nice tone, not obnoxious, and does not draw attention from kids and old women,,LOL..or LEO's..)

but if i need to pass..great sound and performance, and the traffic i am trying to pass knows i am there, thanks for your input. Later....RYD,,,

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
Ryan

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by CopperFXSTC08
I, too am looking at a 2011 FLHX and mindblown with all the exhaust options since the new models had the catalytic in the header.

I have Rush 2.0 slipons on my Softail right now, and love the sound. I'm looking for something comparable or even a slight bit louder. Obviously don't have thousands of dollars to spend either though. My question is;

Can I get slipons loud enough on a stock bike to what I want without replacing the header?
I think the 2.0 on your softail will be slightly louder than the 2.50 on an flhx with stock headpipes. This is only due to the softail muffler being smaller. However the tone on the flhx will sound deeper/lower note. On the flhx your 2.50" baffle with stock headpipes will sound similar to one with 2.00" baffles and open head pipes. We also have 4" slip-ons called the "Big Louie" and the same info applies.

Sound is an opinion so I can't say for certain this is what you will like. Hopefully this will help you make an educated decision.

If you really want to get more sound go with our full systems such as the 2 into 1 with 2.50" baffle. I posted in our sponsor section some details about our "Ride On Us"

Ryan

Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
denbrown
Novice

This is good information. I really appreciate the Rush info, as that is what I am leaning towards for my 2011 Street Glide. I have a couple of general questions though:

1. With slip-ons, at what size (if any) do you require tuning?
2. How much do the Rush headpipes run?
3. How much for a complete Rush setup (to include additional required items)?
4. What does the complete Rush system require (tuning, Power Commander, Air Cleaner upgrade, etc)?

Quick Reply: 2011 Street Glide