Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Full Sac VS ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Full Sac VS ?

So a lot of time has passed since this topic last posted and I am considering which route to take.

Technology has changed considerably and everyone is focused (or at least it seems so) on the 2014 and 2015 CVO's.

I have a bone stock 2013 FLTRXSE2 (RG CVO Custom) and am considering some perf upgrades, going to start with some exhaust and a dyno tune.

I struggle with what to do about exhaust, I don't like loud but I know I need some flow, looking for some compromise, some performance and some of my hearing still intact.

Thinking Full Sac 2.0 cores, don't know about the head pipes, de-cat the oem or purchase a new head pipe.

So, if you have already invented this wheel, please share.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:16 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Honestly Coastal, for 3 bikes running (soon to be 4) I fully recommend a phone call to Fuel Moto. Those guys know their stuff and have dyno charts and (some) DB measurements of different combination to back it up along with great, lifetime support.

From what I have seen, if you like the looks, their cat-less headpipe and Jackpot E-series mufflers seem to get great results and reasonable noise.

Personally, I'm planning for their 2-1-2 stainless ceramic header, a set of 4" Rineharts (chrome/chrome) and a Power Vision with their tune. Then I plan to ride the heck out of it as I have done with their previously supplied packages.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Went from an '11 CVORGU with D&D Fatcat to a '15 CVORGU and put the FS 2" cores in it. Haven't touched the headpipe (yet) and like the fact that I can hear myself think on this bike. The D&D is one helluva exhaust but it gets old after a while to the point of wearing ear protection if it was going to be an all day ride. I haven't had the chance yet to get this one in the twisties for a day to see how my hearing is but it sure is quieter than the previous bike.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 PM
East Coast
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2011 CVO SG with a Fullsac X (older version) pipe, 2" baffles and TTS Mastertune using the download provided by them for this package. You mention Dyno, if your planning on taking the bike to someone near you I would ask the tuner what fuel mangement system they are comfortable using before buying one.

I was very happy with the Fullsac set up, a slight boost in power, nice deep rumble, neighbor friendly and not annoying after riding for a few hours. Hearing the tunes was never an issue.

I think you would benefit from a performance head pipe over a stock decatted pipe. The ceramic coating now offered by Fullsac and Fuel Moto will help drop the temp a bit.

Whatver you end up with do it! You'll be glad you did.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Been discussing with Lloyd and Ed up in Dallas, planning on taking the bike to them, at this point the suggestion is to go with S&S head pipes and Kuryakyn Crusher Maverick 4” cans.

Ed suggested as far as the tuner he would recommend using the Direct Link for cost, that said, since I had already purchased an SESPT, he said he is comfortable using it, I told him we could go with the Direct Link but he said it would be no problem using the Harley product.

Who has tried the S&S head pipes, your opinions welcome, same this with the Crusher cans.

certainly listening to the dyno guy but always interested in the owner experiance.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:33 PM
elb62
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm looking at the FullSac DX and the Fuel Moto 2/1/2 stainless HTC Ceramic interior/exterior coating. The DX comes with the cross over and the Fuel Moto corss over is $119.00 to $169.00 Ceramic coating. This is an old topic but would like to know who is running each and is the Fuel Moto worth the extra cost? What is the FullSax DX made of? Is it stainless and what is it coated with? My plans for my 16 CVO is head pipe, looking at FullSac 2" core's, looking at a tuner like PV2 and down the road cams.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by elb62
I'm looking at the FullSac DX and the Fuel Moto 2/1/2 stainless HTC Ceramic interior/exterior coating. The DX comes with the cross over and the Fuel Moto corss over is $119.00 to $169.00 Ceramic coating. This is an old topic but would like to know who is running each and is the Fuel Moto worth the extra cost? What is the FullSax DX made of? Is it stainless and what is it coated with? My plans for my 16 CVO is head pipe, looking at FullSac 2" core's, looking at a tuner like PV2 and down the road cams.

Since my last post I added the DX pipe and had it tuned. Runs great, sounds great. The DX has the bigger crossover for future engine work also. I have no experience with the FM products so I can't go any further with that. Here's the link to FS but I don't see where it says what they make the pipe out of.
http://fullsac.com/product/fullsac-performance-dx-pipe/

Old 02-28-2016, 09:15 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by elb62

You dont need the full size cross over pipe till beyond 125hp.. You should really call Fuel Moto and discuss you options and they will spend as much time needed answering all your questions... FM sale ends today...

Old 02-28-2016, 09:17 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

double post

Old 02-28-2016, 12:45 PM
dean77
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
Been discussing with Lloyd and Ed up in Dallas, planning on taking the bike to them, at this point the suggestion is to go with S&S head pipes and Kuryakyn Crusher Maverick 4” cans.

Ed suggested as far as the tuner he would recommend using the Direct Link for cost, that said, since I had already purchased an SESPT, he said he is comfortable using it, I told him we could go with the Direct Link but he said it would be no problem using the Harley product.

Who has tried the S&S head pipes, your opinions welcome, same this with the Crusher cans.

certainly listening to the dyno guy but always interested in the owner experiance.
I have the S&S head pipe and love it! From increased performance, reduced heat, and great look. I am running it with the stock mufflers so cannot comment on the crusher cans.

Last edited by dean77; 02-28-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Sac VS ?