Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2018 CVO Ltd issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
The High Flow Exhaust is bigger dia than the standard exhaust. The standard exhaust has a single Cat at the crossover. The High Flow has separate Cats in each muffler. The idea is that 2 cat equals > flow. The only mufflers that will fit the the High Flow Exhaust are the ones with built in cats.
The other benefit of the hi-flow exhaust with the cats in the mufflers is that it moves the heat from the cat away from the stock posiion at the x-over, away from the right foot of the passenger and rider, and relocates the heat from the cat under the saddlebags.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:36 AM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
The other benefit of the hi-flow exhaust with the cats in the mufflers is that it moves the heat from the cat away from the stock posiion at the x-over, away from the right foot of the passenger and rider, and relocates the heat from the cat under the saddlebags.
I would just remove the cat and be done with it. Why relocate heat source and make the saddlebags into ovens?

Old 12-21-2017, 09:03 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie52
I would just remove the cat and be done with it. Why relocate heat source and make the saddlebags into ovens?
I agree with you. But if you’re interested in being EPA compliant for warranty purposes but can’t stand the heat on your right foot, then the hi-flow exhaust gets rid of the heat and keeps your warranty intact. Saddlebags won’t be any hotter since the mufflers are already hot.

Last edited by Heatwave; 12-21-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:17 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

[QUOTE=RinTin;16928307]I have a 2018 CVO Limited and upgraded my audio to Boom state 2 within the 60 days. You are correct, the rear pigtail is different as my HD tech found out. This was a couple months ago but at the time there was no part number for it. I imagine if you get your HD parts guy to call the Tech line they prob have the part number now. You can show him these pictures.

And not to be the bearer of bad new.. but .. the boom state 2 upgrade is a complete waste of money. It only sounds marginally OK when the bike is not running. As soon as you start it, there is only a slight difference. If I were you I'd return it all now. The stage 1 that comes in it sounds the same.
=QUOTE]

I have heard the same thing about the Boom 2 system. Heard it actually plays louder when the bike is not moving. Great for making sales.

I plan to install the latest J&M Rokker system in my bike when it arrives. I know a lot of folks don't care for J&M, but they worked / sounded great for 6 years on my old bike. Very loud with clear sound, bass was only OK, but it is a bike, bass is never very good.

Last edited by PFWiz; 12-21-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
I have a 2018 CVO Limited and upgraded my audio to Boom state 2 within the 60 days. You are correct, the rear pigtail is different as my HD tech found out. This was a couple months ago but at the time there was no part number for it. I imagine if you get your HD parts guy to call the Tech line they prob have the part number now. You can show him these pictures.

And not to be the bearer of bad new.. but .. the boom state 2 upgrade is a complete waste of money. It only sounds marginally OK when the bike is not running. As soon as you start it, there is only a slight difference. If I were you I'd return it all now. The stage 1 that comes in it sounds the same.

Your dealer did the adjustment to the Boom Infotainment System to recognize the upgrade ?

Old 12-23-2017, 05:13 AM
RinTin
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by DandSPro
Your dealer did the adjustment to the Boom Infotainment System to recognize the upgrade ?
Yes they did. When the tech figured out the rear pigtail was wrong, he told me he flashed the system and installed everything, all I needed to do is come back for the pigtail to be installed once it arrives.

Last edited by RinTin; 12-23-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:35 AM
RinTin
Tourer

I see you had this done to your bike as well. How does your system sound when the bike is running or going down the road? Can you actually tell a huge difference?

Old 12-23-2017, 01:56 PM
RinTin
Tourer

I also see you have the Torque Cam in your 2018 117? That is the cam I wanted to put in my 117, but my dealer told me the only map on the SE Street Tuner for our bikes was for the Power Cam which I verified with HD. Which tuner did you use? Which map? How does it run? Maybe they added it since I purchased my bike, that would be awesome.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:57 PM
DandSPro
Club Member
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RinTin
I also see you have the Torque Cam in your 2018 117? That is the cam I wanted to put in my 117, but my dealer told me the only map on the SE Street Tuner for our bikes was for the Power Cam which I verified with HD. Which tuner did you use? Which map? How does it run? Maybe they added it since I purchased my bike, that would be awesome.
SE Pro-Street Tuner, don't know which map he loaded, I can find out, still breaking it in . I can tell you it pulls really hard in 3rd , 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:06 AM
RinTin
Tourer

SE Pro-Street Tuner, don't know which map he loaded, I can find out, still breaking it in . I can tell you it pulls really hard in 3rd , 4th, 5th, and 6th.
That sounds awesome! Sure let me know the map! I love my new ride, but feel it could you a little more power in the lower R's.

Quick Reply: 2018 CVO Ltd issues