Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Infotainment out

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 02:32 PM
miles miles miles
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Infotainment out

Hello all.
Had bike in a few times for moisture behind the screen on the infotainment system on my 2016 flhthkse.
One time the protector was changed and the other the dealer said it happens. Now I had some other warranty work done while I was away on a cruise with that complaint as well before my manufactures warranty was up. When I returned put the bike in the trailer and returned to PA from Florida. Once back took the bike into the shop to get it clean from salt etc. After that I started the bike and the screen was out. light blue and vertical lines.. Called the servicing dealer they told me to take it in to my dealer at home and any problems they should call.
Three days go by and now Im told it wont be covered. My manufactures warranty was out prior to my picking up the bike and the extended one doesnt cover water in the radio..
Has anyone had and other issues like this?
Kills me to have spent the money on esp and also bring up to dealer a few times and now im stuck with a $2,500.00 radio purchase out of pocket..

Old 04-22-2018, 04:35 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

seems to me that if you have a receipt showing that you had a concern with the infotainment system that was initiated prior to your warranty expiring, then the 'repair' that they did would have some type of implied warranty to go along with it.

i would also call and talk to the esp folks. my paperwork doesn't say anything about radios not being covered due to moisture. speakers not covered, but amps and radios, yes.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,749 Likes on 6,894 Posts

That really stinks. I would thing the ESP should cover it.

Good luck

Old 04-23-2018, 06:07 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced

Starting my phone calls this am.. One dealer didnt put any information regarding the moisture behind the screen in the computer but only told me its moisture behind the screen protector and thats ok. BUT they were the dealer that changed the gauge cluster due to water getting behind the glass two days prior to picking up the bike.. I am hoping that all of this gets cleared up on their dime..

Old 04-23-2018, 06:32 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced

This is after just washing the bike as I always had..

Attached Thumbnails Infotainment out-screen1.jpg   Infotainment out-screen2.jpg   Infotainment out-screen3.jpg   Infotainment out-screen4.jpg   Infotainment out-screen5.jpg  

Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced

Still nothing.. Talk about dragging feet

Old 04-30-2018, 08:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Why doesn't the extended warranty cover it?

Old 05-01-2018, 05:34 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced

The extended warranty was saying they dont cover water damage.. Finally they agreed to cover it as the bike was not in a flood and I didnt drive it into a swimming pool.. This was almost 2 weeks of phone calls with the dealers and customer service.. The one thing I learned is no matter what a dealer verbally tells you as they write up your service order insist that they write down everything you say each time.
Both times I was in the dealer for service work and mentioned there was moisture behind the screen protector they said thats normal and the radio is a sealed unit.. The first time I gave them a typed list of issues and they kept it. The second time was just verbal and that is how the regular warranty was able to get out of it, they said it wasnt an issue when I brought the bike in the last time...
Oh well at least the Extended plan is covering it now.

The following users liked this post:
rrlane (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by miles miles miles
The extended warranty was saying they dont cover water damage.. Finally they agreed to cover it as the bike was not in a flood and I didnt drive it into a swimming pool.. This was almost 2 weeks of phone calls with the dealers and customer service.. The one thing I learned is no matter what a dealer verbally tells you as they write up your service order insist that they write down everything you say each time.
Both times I was in the dealer for service work and mentioned there was moisture behind the screen protector they said thats normal and the radio is a sealed unit.. The first time I gave them a typed list of issues and they kept it. The second time was just verbal and that is how the regular warranty was able to get out of it, they said it wasnt an issue when I brought the bike in the last time...
Oh well at least the Extended plan is covering it now.
Glad to hear they are covering you. Thanks for the advice and hands up regarding this.