Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Boom Box Navigation Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 AM
Hecster7
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie52
I like the functionality of the boom system when connected to sirrius weather and traffic. I just wish they would actually update the maps periodically. It would be great if all of the gps systems would use the google maps interface, that actually has up to date road closures and updated roads.
Google maps is good, but in my experience Waze maps display road updates sooner than Google. There is a new street recently (about 1 year ago) constructed near our neighborhood and Waze shows it but Google does not.

The following users liked this post:
04ctd (07-01-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:19 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

IMHO, "read the manual" is worthless advice. I have read and re-read the manual for an explanation as to why the turn prompts occur after I have already passed the turn. At least when the intercom is working, my wife can assist and let me know "I think you had to turn back there" seconds before the GPS advises "recalculating". And I've stopped doing "updates" because I've lost patience with 1 glitch being resolved but 2-3 new glitches being introduced with each update, and the need to reinstall all my past settings and saved locations.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:32 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecster7
I think the "current speed" is a selectable option on the nav page as well.
Yes it is and mine matches the speedometer so it is of little value. What is missing is the actual Speed Limit.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Hecster7
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree 100% that the current speed is not necessary, I was merely helping you with one of the items you stated you are missing ... "...I also miss the current Speed and Speed Limit".
All good.

zubaugh (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecster7
I think the "current speed" is a selectable option on the nav page as well.
Yes, but not speed limit. And the current speed displayed is not gps speed, it is speedo speed.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:13 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

I had the 660 Zumo, and obviously with the new 2017 CVO FLXHSE, I have infotainment...

I kinda prefer the 660, but that is probably because I was used to it. I like the idea DRBUICK had to go with the Sony unit with Apple's CarPlay, but I dunno. Maybe some more time with the infotainment and I'll like it better. I do like the CVO logo that comes up when it starts up, and the TPMS is pretty awesome. I just need to verify the transducers every once and a while. I don't like that it forces it to kPa if my speed is set to KM [Metric]. It'd be nice to sort that out. Reliance on GPS should be with a grain of salt anyhow. I usually put data on my phone and will search out a fuel stop prior to getting below 1/4 tank. I ran out heading south to LV just a mere 9 miles to Tonopah, NV. I could see the town on the hill, but pushing the headwind and 2-up. Lets just say the wife did not hold me in the highest regard after that. Also the tow-truck driver DID bring Chevron 91, but poured a pint over the fuel tank whilst filling it. I had to stay in the heat a bit longer to let it evaporate... [once again, popularity was down]

The Audio isn't as good as the HK [or Aquatic AV] with my Hawg Wired 6.5" Speakers and amp. It's as if the HD system is more droned out. I can hear it at speed, but...
It is brand new-ish so modifications are possible although warranty killers. Maybe I'll redo all the speakers and amps with the headunit. Maybe I'll stick to earbuds...

Gook Luck, I think time and familiarity is going to help me.

H

Old 06-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,751 Likes on 6,896 Posts

I hated it at first. Once I got used to it I have no problems. Yes there are better and I have certainly seen worse.

Play with it and learn everything about it and how to use it and you’ll enjoy it more. I use it 50% of the time and the other 50% I Bluetooth Waze through it. Depending on the type of ride.

The settings are critical or it will drive you crazy.

Hook up your battery tender, push and hold the button on top of the left controls until it comes on and spend an hour or two completely exploring all settings and options.

Voice commands work easy also.

Good luck

Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I hated it at first. Once I got used to it I have no problems. Yes there are better and I have certainly seen worse.

Play with it and learn everything about it and how to use it and you’ll enjoy it more. I use it 50% of the time and the other 50% I Bluetooth Waze through it. Depending on the type of ride.

The settings are critical or it will drive you crazy.

Hook up your battery tender, push and hold the button on top of the left controls until it comes on and spend an hour or two completely exploring all settings and options.

Voice commands work easy also.

Good luck
Me: "Show map". BoomAudio: "Calling Matt".

Old 06-27-2018, 03:43 PM
fordmano
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologies for thread hijack, new around here and can't find what I am looking for yet....

How do you exit active navigation. That is one function I have not figured out.

ie: I am 300 miles from home and in an area I am not familiar at at all. I select home from my NAV options and finally get to a road I know the rest of my route and do not want to hear the navigation any longer I don't want my music interrupted any longer how do I get out of the Navigation function completely?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:45 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fordmano
Apologies for thread hijack, new around here and can't find what I am looking for yet....

How do you exit active navigation. That is one function I have not figured out.

ie: I am 300 miles from home and in an area I am not familiar at at all. I select home from my NAV options and finally get to a road I know the rest of my route and do not want to hear the navigation any longer I don't want my music interrupted any longer how do I get out of the Navigation function completely?

Thanks in advance.
On the right side of the map should be something that looks like this

:::::

touch there and you can get "cancel route" or something similar. You can also do the same with voice prompt "cancel route"

fordmano (09-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Boom Box Navigation Disappointment