Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Narrow dual disc to wide glide dual disc

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
JoeBlowme
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow dual disc to wide glide dual disc

I want to change a narrow glide dual disk factory fx alloy wheel to a wide glide dual disk wheel. Looks like I need an inner wheel spacer and pair of rotor spacers. Are kits available and what would be the dimensions of these parts. Axles are three quarter inch and from a 1983 fx to an inverted wide glide supposed to fit 84-99 wideglide front wheel. I have the wide glide wheel spacers already. The calipers and mounts are another story.Thanks in advance!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM
lplugw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Narrow dual disc to wide glide dual disc

I don't think a wide glide hub with discswill fit in between the fork tubes on a narrow glide front end.

There are kits available that'll mount your FXfork tubes into a special set of triple trees (smaller tube holes for the smaller FX fork tubes) and spacersfor your wheelsthat'll move your rotors out to align withthe calipers.

Maybe your wide glide wheel willline up rightinstead of putting the rotor spacers on your old narrow glide wheel. I'm sure you'd need a special axle and spacers.There's a bunch of other stuff involved too, like speedo drives, special fenders. A kit will give you everything.Look at J&PCycles P/N 2300453. A little pricey I think. I see them at the swap meets although you'll probably have to look around a bit to find every little piece.

The old nickname for these setups is "Midglide".