General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding the old owner....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
I contacted a previous owner.

Turned out he was a Nigerian prince, trying to smuggle money out of his exiled country.

I gave him my SSN and bank account information.

Any day now, I should receive somewhere around $29,000,000.00 for helping him out.

Y’all just being paranoid.
Didn't you see? They finally busted the Nigerian Prince!

😁

Old 01-05-2018, 11:36 AM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Always wondered...how does one ride a motorcycle, yet have handicap plates?
I have a buddy who lost his right leg below the knee. He rode an Ultra until he recently traded it on a Gold Wing. He has a prosthetic leg and handicap plates.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:51 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

A good buddy of mine has quite a few lingering issues from his time in Iraq, and has handicap plates. He rides his a$$ off, though.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:12 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,249 Likes on 2,478 Posts

we recently went out to dinner at a new (to us) restaurant. parked in the hc spot (i have handicap plates). was sitting on the bench outside waiting on our friends when some old guy came out of the restaurant, looked over and muttered something about 'those motorcycles should get a ticket, blah, blah, blah' to which i replied to him that they were indeed authorized, and had handicapped plates. ended up having a nice discussion about how the navy was better than the army and vice versa

people just don't really think about it, but just being handicapped doesn't necessarily preclude you from riding. i know a guy who can't ride for 5 miles in a vehicle who rides 20,000 miles a year on his bike. he has all kinds of back issues and his bike is actually more comfortable for him than his truck.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:45 PM
cory464
Cruiser
Received 84 Likes on 49 Posts

ever heard the expression let sleeping dogs lie? I've been involved in a few "reunions" and it never ends well. i helped a friend trace the lineage of a very rare race car, what he found was a lot of fraud and a very rare and valuable car that turned out to be just assembled junk from cast off spare parts. i bought a car from the original owners who bought it new in 67, when i sold it i passed their info along, the guy pestered and harassed them about every detail of the car. i really wish i hadn't shared their info. as for finding your old car/bike again, i can guarantee you your memories are a lot better than it was.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,857 Likes on 5,537 Posts

Originally Posted by slhanks4
I have a buddy who lost his right leg below the knee. He rode an Ultra until he recently traded it on a Gold Wing. He has a prosthetic leg and handicap plates.

I saw a guy at "Little Sturgis" in Kentucky...he had 2 prosthetic legs, and was riding a Boss Hoss...in a grass field...bet he didn't even have the handicap plate.