Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My FP3 Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Aogmitch
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Default My FP3 Thoughts

Well, I just bought my first Harley (in my sig) about 5 weeks ago. The bike ran well with the pipes, and unknown as to what, if any programing was on it. I did know that I wanted more from it, and the decel popping it had was driving me nuts. So, after some forum research, I decided to give the FP3 a whirl.
When it showed up, I hooked it up and loaded the tune for my pipes. First ride was much better than how it ran before, but performance wise, only felt slightly stronger. My decel popping was pretty much gone though, so that was a plus.
I then decided to experiment with the auto tune. After a short ride, it had a few green squares show up, but not many. Being unfamiliar with this, I hit the flash link. I shouldn't have done that yet. After it did its thing, the bike started having some running issues. In nuetral, blipping the throttle had a big stumble in it now. And the bike at times, would want to stumble and die when taking off from a start. Wasn't too happy by now. Once under way, the bike ran ok, but nothing impressive about the power. So I continued riding and ran through about a tank of fuel in autotune. Did 1 more flash about half way, and nothing really changed on that flash. Was really starting to get bummed with it.
Well today, I decided to flash it again as There were a lot of green squares filled. After that, I went ahead and hit the finish button. The new autotune file was created. I selected that, and it started loading the new map. When it was all finished, i threw on the helmet and started her up.
It sounded different this time. And throttle response was instantaneous in neutral. No more stumbling. Getting happier already. I then went for a spin. The difference is noticable right from the start. The bike has alot more power than it ever had, runs smooth and the decel popping is almost none existant. I'm still amazed at how quickly this thing will accelerate now, in any gear. Its a whole new bike now. Not sure if I want to mess with it any more, but I am sure I will. Feeling much better about this product now, than I was this morning.

Last edited by Aogmitch; 05-15-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-15-2015, 06:45 PM
GroovusMagnus
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 95 Posts
Default My FP3 Thoughts

Yep.

It's worth every nickel.

GM

Old 05-15-2015, 10:13 PM
hOtroDD77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love mine. Still haven't gotten around to doing autotune yet...

Old 05-16-2015, 10:12 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I've had mine on my Lo now for a year now and love it. Funny thing about auto tune is it does just what you said every time, no biggy if you're aware of it coming. My advice when using auto tune is always go through at least two full tanks of radical driving at all speeds and rpm's as much as possible before flashing . And don't flash after each time you ride, just wait till your finished and your map looks good and flash finish. That way you can track your map better instead of loosing it every time you flash after a ride and then flash the finish. It's a pretty nifty little unit imo.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Aogmitch
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Started another autotune today. Plan was to do what you suggested and give it more time. Bike is still running very well. Only did about 50 miles today, but deffinatly had some pretty spirited info logged, as I was riding with a good friend.