Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Outer Primary Fitment, Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 11:26 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Help With Outer Primary Fitment, Please

Gents, I am wanting to powdercoat my 2012 FLS outer primary cover a satin black. To do that I have been searching for a used OEM cover through Ebay and these forums for months with no luck. Was about to just bite the bullet and buy new when I ran across a thread using the search function HERE

In the linked thread, it is obvious the guy substituted the OEM part for part# 60784-06. Now, Ebay is flooded with these. My question is if this swap can be done, then why does HD have so many different part numbers for the outer primary cover?

Case in point; the part number for the '12 FLS is 60563-08. The part number for the '13 FLS is 60563-08A. When I compare the two with Ronnies microfiche, I can't seem to find any real difference between the two. When I go back several years in the Softail family, the part numbers change quite a bit but the overall design looks to be the same. I am about the go ahead with the 60784-06, but I am OCD when it comes to OEM parts. I damned sure don't want the headache and expense of PC'ing the part only to find that for SOME reason, it won't work for me even though somebody else did it without any issues. That's how $h!t usually works for me.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
mikale
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello gregeinsc, if ever I am stuck on part numbers changing I usually have a look at Jersey HD VAT Free website. These dealers are well known in the UK, you order parts and don't pay 'Value Added Tax' (another tax, thanks to our government). Anyway search for the part you want, using the/any part number and imediately the screen will tell you if the number has been modified/updated.

Hope this is of some help.

btw Jersey HD is an island of the French coast in the English channel UK