Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high beam, passing lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
BGHFD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: high beam, passing lights

The schematic is great, but it is for a touring bike with the second switch. Is there an easy way to tap full time power for a Heritage?

THANKS!

Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 AM
disom007
Advanced

hey davered, i just installed the aux lights on my bike and they stay on all the time
as long as the toggle is switched on.
Under the left side of the gas tank where the headlight plugs in, there's a connector end
that's not connected to anything. I wired my aux lights to the toggle that comes with the
lights, from the toggle to the connector end and they stay on all the time unless turned off
from the toggle or by turning off the ignition.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Hmm... U can put the Auxiliary Lights on any bike... the Softails like the Heritage or Deluxe come with them, may peeps put them on because they are easier to see, and they make it easier to see the road at night time.

actually I am about to put them on my fatboy..
Just added aux passing lamps on my Fatboy. I also purchased a pair of Ice Blue halogen 3 1/2" spots. What a HUGE difference in lighting up a dark twistie backroad at speed!!! (and the blue tinted lamps look really sweet)

Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
sniper
Intermediate

If you already have the lights and want to make the modification to keep them on all of the time, there is an easier way than pulling the tank and fishing new wires. On my 2003, I have the light on the end of the front fender. I simply cut the power input wire from the headlight to the toggle switch; removed a little section of insulation on the wire going to the front fender light; solder thetoggle switchpowerinput wire to this front fender light wire; and tape with electrical tape. This is all donewhere the wires arehidden between theupper fork tubes behind the headlight, so you never see the electrical tape.The driving lights now stay on all of the time. I even replaced the 35 watt bulbs with 55 watt bulbs from Advanced Auto for about $4 (as well as the headlight with a Silverstar). When the brights come on at night, I have the best chance possible of seeingdeer darting out from thetrees trying to kill me.

Now, I know that some may be thinking that I either blow fuses or have increased the size of my fender light fuse, but neither is the case. I ride over 500 miles a week, so have a lot of time on this modification without any problems.

Rick

Old 05-22-2007, 10:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

NC Pirate - Those lights really make your bike stand out. Like 'em.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Dinger
Road Master

A stock HD detachable windshield can be used with original HD passing light components.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 PM
davered51
Cruiser

Thanks Rick, that sounds like the ticket

Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 AM
chivohead666
Cruiser

woul i be able to put some on my train? Hey PIRATE How much did u spend on those lights? If I would of had those i could of probla seen that chunk of metal that bent my rim on the freeway a few months ago. Scarry ****!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:33 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

almost finished my lower install (and upper cover) just need to put tire on and brake, the whole front headlamp assembly is off (heh) so i am going to put my aux lights on tomorrow, can't wait.. I still have a Nacelle comming..its gonna be a week still (chicago hd is slow but cheap). bullet turn signal relocation too...

so im gonna sleep on it...
see how it looks tomorrow :P

how it looks now :P

Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a picture of my quick disconnect I put in so I can remove the headlamp assembly with ease.. and I have my HD garage door wires hooked in as well 4 to 4(6)

Posting this in regards to a question in email..before I put the nacelle on

Quick Reply: high beam, passing lights