Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 fatboy lo mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 06:52 PM
PrestonD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 fatboy lo mods

lookin for some ideas to help dress up my fatboy lo, I'm hoping to find accesories that will help with long travel on the bike . Rite now looking at Memphis shades batwing but unsure how it it would look on my particular model. Also hard bags for the back so looking for some ideas and or pics of some of everyone's ideas. Also if anyone has a batwing on a fatboy lo does it matter the bar style cause I love the way the street slammer style bar flows with the bike

Old 11-03-2016, 01:34 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,812 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Gotta luv Newbs!

Old 11-03-2016, 03:42 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,261 Likes on 6,241 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Gotta luv Newbs!
I'll take a newb over a jackass any day.

Have a look at Cycle Visions for hard bags.

For a fairing, there are many types with huge price differences. Some are just a basic shell and others have speakers, navigation etc in them.

Popular brands are:

Memphis Shades
Reckless
Dragon Fly
and many others.

The Memphis Shades batwing uses the same quick release trigger lock mechanism mounting as their windshields. It is the lowest priced but is just a basic shell. I can't remember the name of the company right now, but there is a company that makes an inner portion for Memphis that includes radio, speakers, etc.

Personally, I think a dark smoked windshield from Memphis Shades would look good on your Fat Boy Lo. Add on some leather bags from Boss Bags (many styles and sizes to choose from) and it would look pretty sharp and functional.

Your exhaust system will factor in to your saddlebag selection. Some people don't realize that until they start installing their new bags and find they don't fit or there is not enough clearance to allow for the heat coming off of their exhaust.

Old 11-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 11-03-2016, 07:59 PM
PrestonD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for some suggestions and ideas. Just looking to change it up for more functionality . My other bikes were for speed not comfort so yea I am a little new at this and questions are kinda off the wall . Like a basic batwing (just shell no radio) does it matter on what kinda bar , or smoothest riding front wheel size . I apprciate all ideas and suggestions

Old 11-03-2016, 08:45 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Preston, there's a thread on here "Calling all Fatboy Lo's", it's towards the bottom of this softail page or maybe on page2 by the time you see this. Go there and have fun reading. More info than you'll ever use.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking

As stated for bag supports go with Cycle Vision. They work, are stable, and allows you to use Harley bags or others if you choose. I use RK Classic bags on both my Softails because to me fits with the bike. I have a 11 Fatboy Lo and tried the street slammer bars. Liked the look and the comfort till I took a long trip(3900 miles). My back and neck hurt like hell by the time I made my destination. Now have 13" mini apes and find them more comfortable. Of course I'm 63 years old so the rightus brothers have been visiting lately. I have a windshield and find it does most of what I need. I've been looking at some Fairings but about all they do over the windshield is protect the hands a bit. Ya need to put the deflectors on the fork legs to keep the wind from under your chin. They're so dam ugly to me I just keep my beard shorter so it doesn't tickle my nose. Tried an 18" wheel on the front but found no advantage in handleing or the ride. For what ever reason I can't ride the twisties near as well as I could on the 2 Dressers I've had before this bike. I have a 08 Crossbones that I do better on than the fatboy and I've upgraded the front and rear suspension to. Getting old sucks. And everyone says use the search function. Don't work worth a crap for me and besides I have the opportunity to pass on my .02