Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunpie LED causing error code

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 10:15 AM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKDLX
My Sunpie LED headlight is causing me to get a error code, apparently it thinks the light is burnt out because it draws too low of voltage. It's easy enough to clear the code, but I have to do it daily. Has anybody figured out a way to correct this? Other than that I am extremely happy with them, but this is a pain.
Don't see what bike you have, so I'll ask. Do you have fender tip lights and are they working ? I put the LED headlight and spots in, and I started getting a red light just to the right of speedometer. Showed an error code for low voltage. Found both fender tip bulbs blown !

Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 AM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpbob
Don't see what bike you have, so I'll ask. Do you have fender tip lights and are they working ? I put the LED headlight and spots in, and I started getting a red light just to the right of speedometer. Showed an error code for low voltage. Found both fender tip bulbs blown !
I have a 2017 Softail deluxe, with just over 1000 miles on it. I am not near the bike now so I'm not sure if there's laying on the front fender or not, but I can't imagine they would both be blowing already. Also I would've thought that if they were blown the light will stay on continuously it comes and goes.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 PM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, you would think. But that's what mine did, maybe it resets every time you cycle the key. Ride On !

Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kculp
Mine came (other Chinese led) with anti flicker, yes it will just plug and play but you need that anti flicker.
I received in the mail today two plugs from Sun Pie. I thought this anti-flicker adapter went in the headlight, but since they sent two now I'm wondering if they're supposed to go for the two passing lamps? Or did they just send me an extra one? Can anybody confirm if this adapter is supposed to go behind the headlight or does it go on the two passing lamps?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser

I received in the mail today two plugs from Sun Pie. I thought this anti-flicker adapter went in the headlight, but since they sent two now I'm wondering if they're supposed to go for the two passing lamps? Or did they just send me an extra one? Can anybody confirm if this adapter is supposed to go behind the headlight or does it go on the two passing lamps?
thanks to gdishman for the help. My battery connections are tight and my voltage is fine. The harness did indeed go with the headlamp, it is installed so I will ride it for a few days and report back, it has not thrown a code in the very short time I had to ride after I installed it.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 PM
kculp
Cruiser

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, wasn't following the thread. This is for the thing: LED Headlight Canbus Error Free Anti Flicker.

The passing lights were hardwired, so no the antiflicker goes into the headlamp.

It was really intuitive, looked like a short extension (pigtail), here's an example link to 3bay. I'd have to tear it apart to get a part number, but just make sure it's the same shape as your adapter to the bike.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kculp
Sorry, wasn't following the thread. This is for the thing: LED Headlight Canbus Error Free Anti Flicker.

The passing lights were hardwired, so no the antiflicker goes into the headlamp.

It was really intuitive, looked like a short extension (pigtail), here's an example link to 3bay. I'd have to tear it apart to get a part number, but just make sure it's the same shape as your adapter to the bike.
yes, I already installed it, they just sent two I don't know why.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Myhog2
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anti flicker on Amazon.. I can only find pairs for cars..
Harleys with CANBUS need this.. pre CANBUS do not, and only $12 a pair
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-21-2017, 08:39 PM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

yes, I already installed it, they just sent two I don't know why.
Same thing here. This anti-flicker harness thing is huge. Did you somehow fit it inside the headlight housing?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:32 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SgtThump
Same thing here. This anti-flicker harness thing is huge. Did you somehow fit it inside the headlight housing?
The headlight housing on my deluxe is huge, it fit in there with plenty of room to spare