Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Heritage bars - mod?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 06:41 AM
2ndTink
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2018 Heritage bars - mod?

I know it's very early in the game, but has anyone changed bars yet or has plans to on the 18 Heritage? Any unique issues to do that on this model that you've noted yet?

I test rode one and loved it but would like to get the bars a bit closer to me and rolling them back wasn't enough. Trying to get an idea of what it would take prior to purchasing a bike and I really don't like the looks of the reach seats plus they change your seat to feet position.

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2017, 07:49 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndTink
I know it's very early in the game, but has anyone changed bars yet or has plans to on the 18 Heritage? Any unique issues to do that on this model that you've noted yet?

I test rode one and loved it but would like to get the bars a bit closer to me and rolling them back wasn't enough. Trying to get an idea of what it would take prior to purchasing a bike and I really don't like the looks of the reach seats plus they change your seat to feet position.

Thanks!
Good luck, in getting the bike to fit you. Word is, from the dealership, you have to find the right bike to fit you, not the other way around. If you're short, you can only lower the bike 3/4". The fatboy, deluxe, and slim, come with the lowered shock. So, if you can't reach the floor on those bikes, better get a 17.

If you wa t to lower the other softails, it'll cost about 500.00, for the shorter monoshock, and the kickstand, which you have to change, as well.

Last edited by musicnbikes; 09-16-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:59 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndTink

Thanks!
Mate it's all in here https://www.harley-davidson.com/cont..._Priced_72.pdf
It's easy as from page 208.

Last edited by badcooky; 09-16-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Good luck, in getting the bike to fit you. Word is, from the dealership, you have to find the right bike to fit you, not the other way around. If you're short, you can only lower the bike 3/4". The fatboy, deluxe, and slim, come with the lowered shock. So, if you can't reach the floor on those bikes, better get a 17.

If you wa t to lower the other softails, it'll cost about 500.00, for the shorter monoshock, and the kickstand, which you have to change, as well.
The OP was talking about changing the handlebars, not lowering the bike.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:00 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
The OP was talking about changing the handlebars, not lowering the bike.
Why should that stop him h8ing on the M8 and being wrong, again and again and again lol..

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 05:52 AM
2ndTink
Advanced

Yep, talking bars, not seat height. I got a chance yesterday to go back and take a closer look at the bike, should be able to go to a 12" rise without changing cables. The good thing on these new bikes is if you do change the cables, clutch and brake, are two piece. So you order the top length you need and reconnect.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 PM
TrqUSMC
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Heritage bars

So i have one and have been looking since the moment i got it for wiring/cables for ape hangers. So far all the major companies are telling me they haven't even looked at the specs. From what I've seen on mine its actually just the 17 road king with abs controls. Same functions ie cruise control and brakes are different. Should be able to order a 17 road king kit and that will work. I don't have any local wrenches with more experience here to bounce that idea off of though and this forum is really just starting to turn into people talking trash. On a happy note saw a guys fat boy with custom cam put out 110hp and 129lbs torque with just screaming eagle slip ons and ventilator air box.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:11 PM
2ndTink
Advanced

TrqUSMC, keep me posted what you find out and end up doing with the bars. Somebody has to be the first to do it, then you can be the expert who coaches the rest of us!

An HD mechanic told me the cam is the same in the 114 as the 117, also they were seeing significant jumps in hP and torque by just tuning the 107 M8s on the 17s. Something like 8 and 11, on a bike that was all stock. The 114 already comes with the stage 1 breather... and now I'm off topic.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM
2ndTink
Advanced

Double posted, sorry, in the middle of a big concrete building.

Last edited by 2ndTink; 09-18-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Double post, sorry!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:26 PM
TrqUSMC
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

2ndTink, Hill Country emailed me and said they should have kits soon. I saw a dyno run from cycleworld and they show 84 horse and 112lbs of torque! I love mine more every day. Winter is going to be a busy season haha........and expensive

Quick Reply: 2018 Heritage bars - mod?