Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe vs Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deluxe vs Heritage

I have a Heritage and I love it, but my head is always turned by a nice Deluxe. I can take the bags off mine and put lower bars on it, but it's just not quite the same. Good, but no cigar.
So I am a little confuse about the visual difference between the two. Just what makes the Deluxe so much prettier than the Heritage, given they are the same basic bike? I am really temped to look into trading, but my wife would kill me.
I feel like a guy with a very fine wife, but who keeps looking at even hotter women and wondering "what if".
Marsh

Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
G wood Todd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe vs Heritage

I think its the whitewall tires. Whitewalls on any vehicle give it a "classy" look.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Aces N Eights

GO to the photoshop forum and check out what the guys did for Brian and his Heritage. The whites make the difference. Here is the link:
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2019767/tm.htm

Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, the white walls are something I have considered lately and will prolly do as my tires are getting some miles on them, and Brians bike looks great with them. BUT, I think it is more than that. Maybe the lower seat? Also of course the tomestone tail light is cool. I can't think of any other differences.
By the way, I looked at some 08 Deluxe's at the local stealers and they are prieced very close to $20,000. I think that is above MSR by at least $1,000.
Marsh

Marsh

Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
grzly
Road Master

go the white walls. maybe shorter arms for blinkers as well.. if anyone can then tell the difference betweenit being aheritageor deluxe at 10 feet after these changes (with your current setup) I'd be amazed
grzly

Old 08-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: grzly

go the white walls. maybe shorter arms for blinkers as well.. if anyone can then tell the difference betweenit being aheritageor deluxe at 10 feet after these changes (with your current setup) I'd be amazed
grzly
Maybe you're right grzly. Any idea which short blinkers and where to get them? I hate those wide things that come on it. Looks really weird when I take my bags off.
Marsh

Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
grzly
Road Master

couldn't give you a part number but recall the std arms are 12inch ? ( not sure for your year ) You should be able to get either 8 or 10 inch replacement armsquite easily.
I got my bike delivered with the shorter arms specifically because I thought that without bags they would look a bit too wide.If I find a pic i will post.
grzly

Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, the only things I can see is the taillight set up (tombstone and shorter arms on the turn signals), lower seat height and different seat and different bars. Other than that they've always been identical in my eyes. I actually purchased a set of Deluxe bars for my scoot with the 4inch pull back risers (haven't installed them yet cause I'm seriously considering beach bars).

I think they're both sharp looking scoots.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Deluxe also has cleaner fenders. No tip lights & minimal trim.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: zombie

Honestly, the only things I can see is the taillight set up (tombstone and shorter arms on the turn signals), lower seat height and different seat and different bars. Other than that they've always been identical in my eyes. I actually purchased a set of Deluxe bars for my scoot with the 4inch pull back risers (haven't installed them yet cause I'm seriously considering beach bars).

I think they're both sharp looking scoots.
Zoombie, I like the looks of the Deluxe bars, but when I sit on a Deluxe I don't like them. The pull back risers make the bars too close to me. I like to me able to staighten my arms when I ride but can't on a Deluxe. I thought of using those same bars with a straight up and down riser.
I'm really not trying to make my Heritage into a Deluxe although I know it must sound like that. I'm just trying to make it as good looking as Deluxe.
Thanks all for you imput.
Marsh

Quick Reply: Deluxe vs Heritage