Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Tuner Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 11:01 AM
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Super Tuner Pro

Am hoping to get bike with Super Tuner Pro. Can't seem to find software anywhere. Any ideas? Or do I have to connect tuner to laptop to access software? I'm beginning to wonder if this system is obsolete!

Old 10-15-2021, 12:42 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,473 Likes on 4,049 Posts

Originally Posted by 883
Am hoping to get bike with Super Tuner Pro. Can't seem to find software anywhere. Any ideas? Or do I have to connect tuner to laptop to access software? I'm beginning to wonder if this system is obsolete!

I'm not experienced with the Screamin' Eagle tuners, but I think that the Super Tuner Pro is in fact obsolete...

I believe the only tuner that Harley currently supports is the Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner... which is totally EPA and CARB certified.... it will only adjust the ECM within EPA & CARB limits..

IIRC..... The Super Tuner Pro was at the heart of the "disagreement" between the MoCo and the EPA, that led to the EPA Consent decree.... If you haven't heard of that fiasco, just google "Harley EPA consent decree" and you will have a couple weeks worth of reading...

If I am confusing the names of the various HD tuners, I'm sure someone will correct me...

Old 10-15-2021, 05:48 PM
Cruiser

The tuner will be on a Fatboy with stage 1. I downloaded the Street Tuner software - I presume that wont work with the Super Tuner? The Super Tuner can only be set at a dealer otherwise I believe.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:21 PM
ajtwin
Cruiser
Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Download from here
https://streetperformancetuner.harle...reetTuner.aspx

That box gets married to a VIN.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:44 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 883
The tuner will be on a Fatboy with stage 1. I downloaded the Street Tuner software - I presume that wont work with the Super Tuner? The Super Tuner can only be set at a dealer otherwise I believe.
It was my understanding, (again, no personal experience, just what I read during the EPA consent decree sideshow, so I could have it wrong.....) if the Super Tuner gets updated, it will be nothing more than a Pro Street Tuner, which is totally EPA compliant. That's better than nothing... but just barely...

Not even a dealer can use the old version (non EPA compliant files) of the Super Tuner... It is all part of the MoCo's responsibilities under the EPA consent decree... they had to buy back all unsold non-EPA compliant HD tuners, and are not allowed to sell a tuner, support a tuner, or use an HD tuner that is outside EPA parameters.... I'm sure there are some dealers that may tune outside EPA parameters on the sly, but they can't use an HD product... probably a PowerVision, TTS or other non-HD tuner...

FWIW... If the Fatboy has already been flashed with a proper tune from the old software/firmware of the Super Tuner, there really is no need, barring new mods, to retune the bike...

Old 10-15-2021, 07:16 PM
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hattitude

FWIW... If the Fatboy has already been flashed with a proper tune from the old software/firmware of the Super Tuner, there really is no need, barring new mods, to retune the bike...
Except that it has bad popping - owning a tuner should be about tweaking. When I had a V&H tuner on my 2019 Fat Bob, I regularly fiddled with throttle sensitivity etc - all part of the fun. Mr Harley obviously does not want to make it easy to adjust the older bikes!!

Old 10-16-2021, 08:41 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 883
Except that it has bad popping - owning a tuner should be about tweaking. When I had a V&H tuner on my 2019 Fat Bob, I regularly fiddled with throttle sensitivity etc - all part of the fun. Mr Harley obviously does not want to make it easy to adjust the older bikes!!

I absolutely agree.... If you can can get it to update, even to the newer EPA approved format, it will allow tweaking, just not as much tweaking due to EPA restrictions.